• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Retail Loss Prevention letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail Loss Prevention letter

Hi, I was hoping to get little bit of advice about this letter I received from RLP.

Im know the fine is only £50 but the items I were caught with was only £18 and they took them straight back off me unworn and un damaged when leaving the shop. I know im in the wrong and never done anything like it before. The only reason I done it was because I paid for a top and when I went to change the size of item because it was to big , tk maxx refused to swap them with the different size as my receipt had ran out by 2days. So I had a moment of madness and decided to just take the size I wanted. Now I feel really ashamed. But if anyone can give me some advice I would be really grateful.

Thanks
    Shaun
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Retail Loss Prevention letter

You are not the first and you won't be the last. Have a read of this link:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...142#post129142

The store suffered no losses as relevant staff would have been employed anyway, and the goods were put back for sale.

Follow the advice in the link above and try not to worry.

Comment

Thanks for the Link. If I reply with a letter like the one above, does this automatically stop them from contacting me through letter or will they just put more preasure on me to pay the fine? Thanks

Comment

I'll answer your question by quoting the end of the link again:

"By relying on their non-compliance with civil procedure you should stop them dead.

They started it and so it's their legal obligation to put their case and stop "fishing", as the Courts call it. This should slow them down, force them into correspondence with you, and with a bit of luck wear them down a bit.

You should
        consider making a formal note of every time you deal with the matter, the time you spend on it, and what you did - a spreadsheet would be ideal."

DO NOT pay their 'invoice' (it is not a fine) - it is not even an invoice at present, it is a demand for money which you have no obligation to pay whatsoever. IF they think they have sufficient evidence against you, they need to pursue you through the correct channels, not via extortionate, unwarranted demands.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X