• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

URGENT HELP PLEASE: Arrow Global County court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: URGENT HELP PLEASE: Arrow Global County court claim

Thank you so much Amethyst and Flaming Parrot for your help. Should I sign the form N180 and send a copy to Arrow Global? I am concerned that if I send A CCA request they will use my signature?

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzy View Post
      Thank you so much Amethyst and Flaming Parrot for your help. Should I sign the form N180 and send a copy to Arrow Global? I am concerned that if I send A CCA request they will use my signature?
      That's unlikely as it would be fraud - but easy enough to do an extra squiggle on your signature so you'd recognise it if it were xx

Sign the N180 and yes send a copy to Arrow and to the Court.

Just for ref for me really, this bit's bugging me on your defence (I think I've found where it was used on an Arrow claim in 2012 but haven't found the source yet, and the 2012 case didn't have a conclusion on the thread unfortunately)
      8. The claimant has failed to comply with sections 111 AND 1V of the pre action conduct "practice directions"

because it's III and IV not 111 and 1V but III wouldn't be right anyway Unless it's meant to be 1.1 1 ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sign digitally using an italic font. :grin:

Comment

Thanks again Amethyst I will add a squiggle

I think this was the thread where I got my defence from Arrow & Court Papers What to do?

Comment

I'd just add a wee squiggle, don't want to give them an excuse to delay starting the time limit on compliance xx

Yes that's it - thank you. It's okay btw so really don't be worrying about it, we'll deal with what happens next when it happens, the CCA will help one way or t'other, and you'll still have the option of making an admission and offer to pay if it really does come to it xxx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you Amethyst and Flaming Parrot, I have been whittling about it all day and only had three hours sleep last night - I shall sleep better tonight having had your help xx

Comment

Sorry Amethyst just one more question, would you send the basic CCA request or the in depth one? :attention:

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  That's unlikely as it would be fraud - but easy enough to do an extra squiggle on your signature so you'd recognise it if it were xx

Sign the N180 and yes send a copy to Arrow and to the Court.

8. The claimant has failed to comply with sections 111 AND 1V of the pre action conduct "practice directions"

because it's III and IV not 111 and 1V but III wouldn't be right anyway Unless it's meant to be 1.1 1 ?
                  Just for ref for me really, this bit's bugging me on your defence (I think I've found where it was used on an Arrow claim in 2012 but haven't found the source yet, and the 2012 case didn't have a conclusion on the thread unfortunately)
                  There is no 1.1.1, it'll be III and IV but even with the right numbers quoted, it wouldn't stop a court from enforcing the claim since non-compliance with he PAC PD is not a bar to enforcement or a reason to dispute the account.

What bugs me even more is this bit:
                  2. The defendant has absolutely no knowledge of any debt, and despite asking for proof a debt exists nothing has been forthcoming.
                  A LIP could easily get their letters and numbers mixed up when quoting from legislation but the above statement would only be used when you really have no recollection of the account in question, otherwise it could be said to be a lie if you are aware of having had the card. You could say you have no recollection of having signed an agreement but stating you have no knowledge of the debt is tricky since all they have to produce to refute that assertion is a statement.

Comment

Sorry Amethyst just one more question, would you send the basic CCA request or the in depth one? :attention:
                    Basic Definately xx
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

And Sleep well, there's nothing to worry on, me and FP will probably bemoan that template defence a bit, but it's sortable so ignore us xxx
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ahh thank you both. I will keep you updated as soon as I hear anything! :tinysmile_kiss_t4x

Comment

Ahh thank you both, I will keep you updated as soon as I hear anything :tinysmile_kiss_t4: xx

Comment

Hi Amethyst

I received the County Court hearing date today, set for 6th August, there is also the offer of dealing with the matter through mediation but I have to respond within 7 days. I still haven't received my credit agreement from Arrow Global and it is a month ago when I requested it.

Any advice would be much appreciated please.

Comment

Hi, re my previous thread can anyone help please???:noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea:: noidea:

Comment

Hi Amethyst

I received the County Court hearing date today, set for 6th August, there is also the offer of dealing with the matter through mediation but I have to respond within 7 days. I still haven't received my credit agreement from Arrow Global and it is a month ago when I requested it.

Any advice would be much appreciated please.
                                You can contact mediation but they are tending to say there's nothing they can do with you having the documents. So you have to respond yes or no in next 7 days or just if yes?

6th August is ages away - no directions from the court at all ?
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X