• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Yet another ParkingEye thread - Won !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another ParkingEye thread - Won !

Hi All,
    Yet another thread to keep you all entertained! Looks like lots of people have trouble with ParkingEye.

I received a letter from ParkingEye today (Notice to Keeper / ANPR) for being in the car park for 13 minutes. I believe POPLA don't take into account mitigating circumstances, but at the time I was in excruciating pain and needed to temporarily leave my car.

I've found a couple of email templates, it looks like the 1st is for the PPC and second is for POPLA, correct?
    1) http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/appeal-letter/
    2) http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter

Here's a copy of the letter I received. As far as I can see, the letter contains all the information that they are legally obliged to:

The car park is practically a building site. It has an entrance, but that's it. No marked parking bays etc. I was also only there for 13 minutes - do I have a leg to stand on?

Many thanks for any help,
    Adrian
    Last edited by AdrianL; 3rd February 2014, 21:12:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Yet another ParkingEye thread - Notice to keeper received

I've found a couple of email templates, it looks like the 1st is for the PPC and second is for POPLA, correct?
    The Parkingcowboys one is for the PPC and the Legalbeagles one is for popla.

Personally i'd go with a simple appeal to parking eye.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see signs, or indeed car park markings.In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss. I am under no statutory duty to name the driver and will not do so.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If they reject it use letter number 1 above for your popla appeal.

M1

Comment

Hi Mystery,
      Thanks for that. Looks like I got the links the wrong way round.

Do you not think it may be worth using the Parking Cowboys template rather than your short and sweet version? My only thoughts are, once the PPC reject my appeal, it would give me more fire power for the following appeal? Are they under any obligation to provide the information asked for? the ones about signage could potentially be useful.

In the BPA Code of Practice, is there anything to do with line markings? - I'm going to be heading in to Leeds on Wednesday so I'm going to take some pictures whilst I'm there.

Thanks,
      Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianL View Post
        Hi Mystery,
        Thanks for that. Looks like I got the links the wrong way round.

Do you not think it may be worth using the Parking Cowboys template rather than your short and sweet version? My only thoughts are, once the PPC reject my appeal, it would give me more fire power for the following appeal? Are they under any obligation to provide the information asked for? the ones about signage could potentially be useful.

In the BPA Code of Practice, is there anything to do with line markings? - I'm going to be heading in to Leeds on Wednesday so I'm going to take some pictures whilst I'm there.

Thanks,
        Adrian

The chances of getting the info are nil and any initial appeal is pretty much irrelevant to a popla appeal.

You can use either.

M1

Comment

Alright, well, you persuaded me :tinysmile_twink_t2:. I'll go for short and sweet for round 1.

Thanks,
          Adrian

Comment

Hello,
            So I finally got a reply back today. Here is my initial appeal to Parking Eye:
            Dear Sir/Madam,
            I as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see any car park markings and in any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss. I am under no statutory duty to name the driver and will not do so.
            Please cancel the 'Parking Charge' immediately.
            Should you reject my appeal please supply a POPLA code.

Yours Faithfully,
            and here is the reply I got back today:

To be honest, on the face of it, it looks like they're pretty confident I don't have a leg to stand on... yet at the same time they seem to be trying pretty hard. Should I still be taking the same approach mentioned earlier?

Thanks again,
            Adrian

Comment

Pretty standard. Send the popla appeal as above and await some more bull and a popla congratulations letter.

M1

Comment

Alrighty. Will crack on with that tomorrow. Thanks

Comment

You may want to look at the Pepipoo web site to get even more information. Don't send the form sent out by PE

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                    You may want to look at the Pepipoo web site to get even more information. Don't send the form sent out by PE

Such as ? That appeal has won several times already what more do you think is needed ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                      What's the reason for not using the form? :tinysmile_grin_t:

The plan was to use the letter here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter

should this be used in conjunction with the POPLA form?

Comment

No idea what he is on about but i hate wasting a stamp https://www.popla.org.uk/appeal.htm

I would also email to confirm they got all of it

Can I get information about my own case?
                        Any requests for information relating to your own case can be made to the POPLA service via this email address: enquiries@popla.org.uk

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                          No idea what he is on about but i hate wasting a stamp https://www.popla.org.uk/appeal.htm

I would also email to confirm they got all of it

Can I get information about my own case?
                          Any requests for information relating to your own case can be made to the POPLA service via this email address: enquiries@popla.org.uk

M1
                          Haha, me too. I used the online form for ParkingEye and didn't receive any correspondence for over a week... was worried whether they received it or not, so I will certainly email POPLA after I send the appeal.

I know that the template will need tweaking in areas, because the template at time refers to the car park being free, however the car park I was in was not - however I was only in the car park for 13 minutes - plus, I'm not sure if it helps, but when I stopped I did ask the lady in the car next to me who was leaving if I could have the ticket she paid for with remaining time (15 minutes). Obviously at the time I was unaware it was ANPR. Not sure if this is worth adding at all?

Thanks,
                          Adrian

Comment

No to the ticket swap, lol.

As long as the technical points remain, no contract, genuine pre estimate of loss etc then for sure edit the other bits to suit.

M1

Comment

Haha :tinysmile_grin_t:

Thanks again for your time. Very much appreciated.

Adrian

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X