• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Can they change my contract hours?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can they change my contract hours?

Hi all,

Thank you for reading my thread,

I am contracted 34 hours a week. I have worked for this company for 4 years now, only contracted since October 2013!! Anyway, happy to finally receive a contract and a salary wage. I work as a receptionist full time, same hours if not more and same set shifts every week. We have a new rota coming, which is a rotational rota which most of our staff are refusing to do, i also have a qualification in fitness instructing - which i am employed by the same company (its a leisure centre) to teach variety of classes which are set each week also, works well around my reception hours. However, with this new rota i spoke with my senior management about my hours of work and how it is going to work around my teaching. She said that i would lose my contract hours and go onto a 0 hour contract because of this reason. I was incredibly upset and worried about my home, bills etc.
    My contract DOES NOT state that they can change my hours. So i gave ACAS a call, they said the same, i have to write a letter - objecting to this decision. Which I'm in the process of doing. To sum up, they cannot reduce my contracted hours unless i agree to it, which i haven't.

Just wondering if you have any comments on this please? Help/Advice appreciated - thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Can they change my contract hours?

Hi Katiemariee andto LegalBEAGLES!

One of the employment law beagles will be along to help you soon. Are you a member of a Union?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X