• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Northampton County Court claim received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northampton County Court claim received

What was your monthly payment amount on your 2003 loan ?

(and on your credit card....do you pay the CCJ via installment?)
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

On the 2003 loan it was £225.81 and I can't remember on my cc - I am paying that monthly as per the CCJ instalments.

Comment

s'ok just trying to suss the £69.49 bitty xx I'll let others have a look over the thread for a bit see if they can see something I'm missing before you have to make a decision xx possibly along the restricted use credit lines with the refinancing of the loan.... how did the new loan come about in 2006.... had you paid off the 2003 one , or did it repay the 2003 loan ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I 've just got a gut feeling about it and I don't know why! Do they ordinarily offer you a discount if all the paperwork is 100% - surely it wouldn't have cost them £2k in court costs (cutting their losses so to speak). No I hadn't paid the 2003 loan off - it was for 6 years. The 2006 was to clear that off and it says on the paperwork they've sent - pay off loan and external credit card.

Thanks so much for your help Amethyst.

Comment

Can anyone else spot anything? Any advice?

Many thanks guys.

Foxy :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Anyone???

thanks

Comment

I'm hazarding a guess then that no one can see anything that could successfully defend the claim.

It is quite usual for DCA's to make reduced offers of settlement prior to taking court action (as they probably paid peanuts for the debt and don't want the hassle of court/costs etc and have their targets to meet)

We appear to have all the paperwork in order and there's no major dispute on the debt.

So, you can either contact them and indiciate that you'd like to settle by way of a consent order (tomlin order) with a monthly installment offer. If they accepted that it would mean you didn't get the CCJ but if you defaulted on the payments they could pick the CCJ process back up. It is worth a shot and they may ask for security if the installment payment offer is lower than they are happy with (eg by way of a voluntary charging order) - as the claim is for £8k odd it's quite likely they'd be allowed a charging order by the court if it went to a CCJ anyway.

SO next step in my mind is to get your income expenditure sheet done and contact them with your offer.

Sorry foxy, if there was something we'd use it, I can't see anything, and I'd have to assume no one else can either.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X