• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Eye problems

Thanks M1,

With your encouragement I think the indigestion tablets are beginning to work!

I have just received the Notice of Allocation. I will send you the link by email. In the meantime, my son has written to PE as advised by the landowner and they have offered to settle on payment of £90... I will also forward this correspondence!

As ever, I look forward to your thoughts.

VMT

aw:

Comment

I must point out that it is up to you to decide whether to proceed or no and even with a watertight case, you may lose. That is how it goes. I think you'll win and i certainly wouldn't pay. If you or your son do wish to settle remember that offer is heir opening gambit. They have to pay £25 for the hearing fee soon so if that's a line to be taken then that's a good position. Any more than £50 and you're a terrible negotiator.

Like i say i'd rather win even if i paid out more but it's not my choice.

If you continue then wait until 3/4 days after the hearing fee is due and see if they've paid.

M1

Comment

Son's just offered £20...

Comment

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...s-roundup.html

He's generous. Wonder what they'll counter with

M1

Comment

More encouragement from Parking Prankster! Thank you.

I'll let you know how they (PE) respond as soon as I hear from my son.
            aw:

Comment

Have they paid ? Settled ?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...ingeyes-3.html

Court prep is essential to win

M1

Comment

Hi M1,

The silence is defining from PE and the courts at the moment. However, the process of "negotiations" is still ongoing. The offer initial of £20 was countered by one of £69 in which they wrote:

Thank you for your email, and for your willingness to mediate this claim.

Please note that ParkingEye does not wish to take legal action to recover these charges, and to this end we run a dedicated appeals team which considers all appeals on a case by case basis. Details of how to utilise this were on the first 3 letters sent to the Keeper of the vehicle. The letters also outlined the Keeper’s responsibility under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act. As these were not met, the claim is now legally being brought against the Keeper of the vehicle. As the appeals procedure was not used, legal action has now been taken, which has incurred further costs.

However, ParkingEye would be happy to accept £69 as full and final settlement of this claim. This would constitute the reduced amount of the charge (£54) and the claim issue fee (£15).

The process is continuing and I think £50 has been offered...

Should these negotiations fail and I need to go to court, what further prep should I now be considering?

Grateful as ever for all your advice and support.

:beagle2222:

Comment

Defining..? I meant deafening...! But then you knew that I am sure...aw:

Comment

I'll be working on the next stages next week sometime as there are 2 of you in the same stages of this albeit you are in negotiations. I think £50 will be accepted.

M1

Comment

Hi M1

My son has now settled this with PE! All done and case closed.

Once again, very, very many any thanks for all your fantastic support and encouragement without which I might have 'lost the will to live' through PE indigestion!

Until next time...

Comment

Good to hear.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X