• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bad credit from Orange after £17.95 I never knew I owed. Want to take them to court!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad credit from Orange after £17.95 I never knew I owed. Want to take them to court!

Dear All,

I would like to take them to court as this has ruined my credit rating.

I had a two year contract with Orange. Gave them the months notice at the end of my contract. Called them and they informed me that the last bill would be taken out of my bank (paid by direct debit). Moved to virgin. Next thing you know a few months later I get a letter from debt collectors for £17.95 I never knew I owed them. No letter, no contact, nothing. I don't even know what it's for and they won't supply it. I can't access online billing either as I'm no longer a customer.

I have never in my life defaulted, never been in debt, always paid on time for all bills, and had a good to excellent credit rating. I'm shocked, disgusted and frustrated. I am currently trying to buy my first property and after a credit check it was refused. Luckily I'm banking with the people I'm applying for a mortgage with, so they can turn that rejection around. I'm crossing my fingers.

I don't want a 6 year bad mark on my credit rating. I've since been in contact with credit expert who couldn't help. Contacted the credit underwriter a few times now who says that this is an accurate reflection of my history. Orange, well the customer services people can't even speak english properly. This is absolutely NOT a reflection of my credit.

Please help. Does anyone know any good lawyers who can deal with this kind of thing?

Kind Regards

Nicola
    Tags: None

Re: Bad credit from Orange after £17.95 I never knew I owed. Want to take them to cou

Try emailing the CEO, explaining what has happened:

olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk

Comment

Re: Bad credit from Orange after £17.95 I never knew I owed. Want to take them to cou

Hi There,

Thanks for the email address. I will! It's very difficult for me to put things in normal snail mail writing as I am at sea for 5 weeks at a time

Do you really think this will help? I've read about similar things happening to people but only having a small chance of getting the black mark removed.

I missed the payment for 2 months and it was after I had a zero final bill. I asked them if I was all paid up so cancelled my direct debit. I've asked them for what this is for and they said something about PUK number. I wanted to keep my old number so I requested a PUK number. I wasn't sure if I would be able to put the code in as my new sime card was coming and I was going to be at sea for 6 weeks (no mobie phone signal). I asked the chap if I could request another one of that months time ran up and he said of course. It did in fact run out so I called them once home again to get a second one. Since when do they charge for PUK codes? I thought these were free!

I had stopped using my phone entirely a month before the contract came to an end. Anyway, still have not recieved a bill for what the mysterious amount was for and they won't supply me with one.

Pullingmyhairout.com

Thanks for your help...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X