• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lost investment account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost investment account

Hi guys,

When Granddad passed, all the grandkids were left money by him, our beloved Uncle ( a total idiot and the executor of the will) put this in to investments, which I believe were shares, on our behalf without asking.

Most of us withdrew it and sold the shares, except my sister who kept it as a rainy day account, she recently got a letter from a company named Close Bros who asked her to contact them and update her contact details.

As she is in need of a few pounds at the moment, she contacted them and asked about how much was in the account, she was quoted an amount in the area of £4000, and so she asked about withdrawing it and closing the account.

She was told to go to a company named Hendersons and start the ball rolling from there, and hit a brick wall.. according to Hendersons she has no account. Yes, you read it right, not no money in the account, no account... zip. nil. nada.. she does not exist to them, yet Close Bros know exactly who she is and where the account is.

She is nearly hysterical about this, as she says she is not in the position to lose 4000!!

i am staying at hers this weekend and we will post together more details

thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Lost investment account

Puff,

Do you know the full name of Hendersons as there's loads of them registered at Companies House? :beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
      Hi guys,

When Granddad passed, all the grandkids were left money by him, our beloved Uncle ( a total idiot and the executor of the will) put this in to investments, which I believe were shares, on our behalf without asking.

Most of us withdrew it and sold the shares, except my sister who kept it as a rainy day account, she recently got a letter from a company named Close Bros who asked her to contact them and update her contact details.

As she is in need of a few pounds at the moment, she contacted them and asked about how much was in the account, she was quoted an amount in the area of £4000, and so she asked about withdrawing it and closing the account.

She was told to go to a company named Hendersons and start the ball rolling from there, and hit a brick wall.. according to Hendersons she has no account. Yes, you read it right, not no money in the account, no account... zip. nil. nada.. she does not exist to them, yet Close Bros know exactly who she is and where the account is.

She is nearly hysterical about this, as she says she is not in the position to lose 4000!!

i am staying at hers this weekend and we will post together more details

thanks

Contact Close Bros again and ask them to confirm the account details, the balance and the name of the person at Henderson's you need to speak to to help her close the account and recover the funds, ask for the address as well as the phone number to make sure you are contacting the correct company.

Comment

ok update of details.

Original company account was with: Gartmore European

Moved to Allenbridge Care (statement date Autumn 2009 last statement ever received)

Moved to Close Bros Asset Management
        po box 569
        Northwich
        CW99HB

Sister told to contact Henderson Global Investors
        po box 9023
        Chelsford
        Essex
        CM99 2WB

She was given no account info, told Hendersons have to give her that.. any ideas?

Comment

If the account was with Close Bros, I would be phoning them and asking the connection with Hendersons and why they should have all the details.

I'm not suggesting there's been anything untoward, I'd just want to know. :beagle:

Comment

that is planned for Monday, hopefully she will have a voice by then as she has tomsilitis atm... poor darling!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X