• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

I think my new boss is a passive-aggressive manager

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I think my new boss is a passive-aggressive manager

Time and motion waiteth for no man.

Comment

Hi again guys

Another brief update. I have since been offered (and accepted) a position of higher salary and improved working conditions with another business. I felt this to be the only course of action to take considering the circumstances. I continued with the recording of interactions with myself and him, one of the best results was him saying to me "if you don't respect what I say then we're going to have problems".

The time and motion didn't happen, so whether he was just testing my reactions or making yet another threat is only for him to decide. I do feel as though I've been constructively managed out of the business, as he just seems to look for any opportunity to argue or cause tension.

I handed my notice in to his superior (the factory manager), and cited my reasons for leaving that I can no longer continue to work under my manager as he does nothing but provide a hostile environment, that he's a micromanager and it's obvious he has issues - not just with me. I also gave my opinion that he does not seem to possess the people skills necessary to be in a managerial role.

My superior spoke to me today, saying "I hear you're leaving". I acknowledged and simply replied that I "have been offered a really good opportunity and decided to accept it". He responded that I "could've had the decency to tell me, were you ever going to tell me?". Again, I got the feeling by his tone of voice that he was fishing for yet another argument and so replied with, "I told the factory manager". He then insisted on disagreeing with my procedure, and also asked for my reasons. I again replied "it's just too good an opportunity to turn down." He replied "well I've heard different". So much for discretion and confidentiality, then?

I start my new role on 14th August, and sincerely cannot wait. Thank you to you all for your input, you've all at least managed to give me someone to talk to.

Comment

Well done Andy - sounds like it's truly time to move on x

Comment

Originally posted by andy15593 View Post
          Hi again guys

Another brief update. I have since been offered (and accepted) a position of higher salary and improved working conditions with another business. I felt this to be the only course of action to take considering the circumstances. I continued with the recording of interactions with myself and him, one of the best results was him saying to me "if you don't respect what I say then we're going to have problems".

The time and motion didn't happen, so whether he was just testing my reactions or making yet another threat is only for him to decide. I do feel as though I've been constructively managed out of the business, as he just seems to look for any opportunity to argue or cause tension.

I handed my notice in to his superior (the factory manager), and cited my reasons for leaving that I can no longer continue to work under my manager as he does nothing but provide a hostile environment, that he's a micromanager and it's obvious he has issues - not just with me. I also gave my opinion that he does not seem to possess the people skills necessary to be in a managerial role.

My superior spoke to me today, saying "I hear you're leaving". I acknowledged and simply replied that I "have been offered a really good opportunity and decided to accept it". He responded that I "could've had the decency to tell me, were you ever going to tell me?". Again, I got the feeling by his tone of voice that he was fishing for yet another argument and so replied with, "I told the factory manager". He then insisted on disagreeing with my procedure, and also asked for my reasons. I again replied "it's just too good an opportunity to turn down." He replied "well I've heard different". So much for discretion and confidentiality, then?

I start my new role on 14th August, and sincerely cannot wait. Thank you to you all for your input, you've all at least managed to give me someone to talk to.
          There's a saying that goes something like "Out of adversity comes success". Seems to have happened in your case. Best of luck in your new job.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
            There's a saying that goes something like "Out of adversity comes success". Seems to have happened in your case. Best of luck in your new job.
            & don't forget 'illegitimi non carborundum'!

Well done!
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
              & don't forget 'illegitimi non carborundum'!

Well done!
              That as well!

Comment

Good luck with new job sure you might have a couple of words to say to this ahole manager when you leave

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                  Good luck with new job sure you might have a couple of words to say to this ahole manager when you leave
                  I think I've covered that in my resignation letter, detailing all that he has done, said and breathed. It'll either make no difference at all or make a big change. I was going to bow out quietly but then I thought that if I don't do it, someone else will have to put up with it and it will go on, and on. Even if nothing comes of it, I hope it's at least raised their suspicions.

Thank you all for the kind comments, too.

Comment

Originally posted by andy15593 View Post
                    I think I've covered that in my resignation letter, detailing all that he has done, said and breathed. It'll either make no difference at all or make a big change. I was going to bow out quietly but then I thought that if I don't do it, someone else will have to put up with it and it will go on, and on. Even if nothing comes of it, I hope it's at least raised their suspicions.

Thank you all for the kind comments, too.
                    I doubt they'll want Jobcentre Plus getting their hands of a copy of your resignation letter. Believe it or not, JCP still do monitor the turnover of staff at different employers and what you write on the JCP paperwork giving your reasons for leaving a job tells them a lot. For example, an employer with a high turnover of staff due to a bully on the payroll is going to flag up and can result in JCP refusing to accept orders for recruiting of prospective employees.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X