• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye(for Arsenalgirl)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye(for Arsenalgirl)

Arsenalgirl has asked me to start this thread so the following part of the post is what was submitted to me via private message:

"I need help with a parking letter fro parking eye, we went to Southampton port last week but the ferry wasnt
    ready the lady told us to go in the ar park at the behind the port, so we parked and sat in the ar for 40 minutes.

We then got this charge for £100 what should we do"

"Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye(for Arsenalgirl)

Arsenalgirl, when some replies to this thread then you need to type in the box and then hit the "Post Quick Reply" button on the bottom right of the box, ok?

And......a warm welcome to Legal beagles to you......Sapphire who is admin here is a mad Chelsea fan so I am sure there are other posts you will make on here once the season begins again

Comment

This is the advice bit so you know the official site line which is advice drawn from the Peppipoo forum:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=46975

Comment

Hi

As explained we got to Southampton port too early and was told to go to a ar park behind the port to wait . we did for 40 minutes now got a parking fine
        with parking eye on it for £100 what do I do

Comment

Do we appeal or ignore

Comment

Appeal. No point busting a gut for a parking eye appeal as the will reject it. You should appeal though.

When you get the rejection you should get a popla code. Then you can put in a decent appeal.

M1

Comment

Also did things change in 2012 with how they an take you to court now

Comment

what do i put in the appeal letter as i ant recall any details of the ar park!

Comment

For court nothing much has changed.

Popla will kill them though. You have to do the Mickey mouse Parking eye appeal first though as you need a popla code from parking eye.

M1

Comment

what do I say in the letter

Comment

I want to appeal.

Even if you were appealing because the driver, or you, died they'd reject it.

As long as you say you're appealing it matters not what reasons you use.

M1

Comment

Do it online by the way, to save on stamp paper etc

http://www.parkingeye.co.uk/Appeal

M1

Comment

so do i say we didnt know the area or it was a private ar park and we didnt leave the ar parked there we were sitting in it

Comment

I'd explain you were there because you were directed there by staff at the port so believed it to be a port car park. The fact you were in the vehicle does not mean you weren't parked unfortunately.

You don't recall anything about signage - if not, might it not show that there was nothing blatantly obvious?

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                              You don't recall anything about signage - if not, might it not show that there was nothing blatantly obvious?
                              And therefore no "contract" could have been made?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X