• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Backdating the Insurance claim and CCJ removal from the record

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backdating the Insurance claim and CCJ removal from the record

Hello,

Hope you are all coping all right and trying to relax at least a little on this nice Saturday evening.

I found myself on this forum following the proverbial Tornado that came into my life beginning of 2009, and although I now can distance myself a little to what exactly was happening I am in great need of advice to be able to dig myself out of this mess. Part of it was because that I was deluding myself about the future and my finances, another part was because of unexpected circumstances and life events that I was completely unprepared for, and the last part was because of certain (evil) people in my life who did not wish me well but posed as real friends and my not being able to comprehend that for a very long time. These people were my family and stepfamily.

So I was about to write a thriller but perhaps I shall stop right there because I am in fact unemployed now and should really concentrate on sorting everything out, I wrote this prologue just to let you know that it is simply an impossible task if you are feeling betrayed by the very people you trust and love. Coming to terms with the Truth has a very positive impact on you, you can put things behind and decide on starting a new life, wanting to start a new life - this is crucial if one wants to put ones finances and budget sheets in order.

So. Here is the thing I would like to sort out first and it would be fantastic if it was possible to do.

At the very bottom of my worries lies the fact that I have a CCJ on my record ever since January 2010. I never imagined that this could happen to me but it is only now that I realized how serious it is, that is 3 years after it happened. This is not a joke. When things got out of hand I foun for the first time in my life that I just could not cope. I think I am a reasonable person, I have higher education, Master degree and 10 years in continuos employment and always been a golden girl so to speak... And yet this "golden girl" thing was always the problem with my stepfamily the problem that I always ignored and pretended that it never hurt me and kept up the appearances. This was wrong. One should never ignore the warning signs, it is only when the big financial crush happens that you really know how big is your enemy.

It started with my business going a bit downhill but it hardly was the end of the world. It always was up and down a bit, but I was making the ends meet, being a mortgage slave it is always a balancing act but you need a backbone, a gut and a lot of self-confidence. I had loads but it always was a team work rather than just me being self sufficient, a symbiotic kind of relationship between me and my father who lived in California and... who suddenly... got a new wife... to be continued...:beagle:
    Last edited by Tornado; 18th May 2013, 22:38:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Backdating the Insurance claim and CCJ removal from the record

Sorry to hear about your family behaving like that, sadly this is all too common.

You mention removing a CCJ from 2010 from the record. CCJs stay on record for 6 years, then drop off, the good news is, you have less than 3 years to go now. You can't really get CCJs removed as such, unless you manage to have it set-aside. This only applies when the CCJ was recorded in error (for example, for a debt you'd already paid) or when you didn't receive the court papers and the creditor obtained default judgment against you. In this case it could be set aside provided you can prove you notified your creditor of your new address if you'd moved and you would also have to show the court you have a good prospect of defending the claim.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X