• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA suing me for 3k

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MBNA suing me for 3k

going to relax now this evening thanks to all who helping xx

Comment

As long as you have acknowledged, you should relax and enjoy the weekend.

Comment

Good evening all,just thought id pop in and tell you nothing back yet x.Hope your all keeping well x

Comment

good evening all,hope youre all well.still no news,Is this normal?

Comment

Originally posted by yugioh99 View Post
            good evening all,hope youre all well.still no news,Is this normal?
            OK, we need to know where we stand on this one, did you send the CPR 34.14 letter Cel posted here? http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...189#post334189 If so, when did you send it? They should have replied within 7 days. I assume you sent the letter by recorded delivery, if so, you can check on the Royal Mail website to see whether it was signed for and when.

CPR rule 15.5 allows the parties to agree an extension of time to file the defence:

Agreement extending the period for filing a defence

(1) The defendant and the claimant may agree that the period for filing a defence specified in rule 15.4 shall be extended by up to 28 days.

(2) Where the defendant and the claimant agree to extend the period for filing a defence, the defendant must notify the court in writing.
            If you used Cel's text, there would have been a paragraph saying:
            Originally posted by Celestine View Post
            I require inspection of these documents ahead of filing the defence on XX May 2013, so I request that they are provided to me within 7 days.

If you are unable to supply these documents within 7 days, we request that you agree to an extension of a further 21 days beyond the current defence deadline, to allow sufficient time for me to assess any documents received.

Please let me know your position on timescales for supply of the documents referred to in your pleadings.

Comment

Hi FP. I just checked the royal mail site and they signed for the letter (cpr 34.14 as advised) on the 22nd April. I also copied cel paragraph above into the letter. Hope this is ok?.Many thanks for all your advice x

Comment

Sorry to be a nuisance, but does this mean Im in good shape at the moment?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Hi everyone, got this today and im really worried now.why is it saying I haven't replied when I have(and have proof)?.please help
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ok, the gits have got a default judgment against you, presumably for non filing of defence. You can get this set aside so don't panic.

But we need to get organised.

Bit rushed right now with kids bed time. I'll come back to this later this evening.

Cel
                      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by yugioh99 View Post
                        Hi everyone, got this today and im really worried now.why is it saying I haven't replied when I have(and have proof)?.please help
                        When you say you replied, how did you reply and what did you reply with? Did you submit a defence? If so, when? What sort of proof have you got? The more info you can give us, the more you will help Celestine help you! :thumb:

Comment

Hi.i sent the letter to them recorded which they signed for in the 22nd of April.i also registered online with Northampton to submit my defence as advised.i have proof of both these.many thanks

Comment

Can some one tell me what to do next please, am I going to get a visit from the balifs?,I cant take much more

Comment

did the claimants solicitors reply saying they agreed to the extension of time?
                              I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Ok, I can see what's happened now.

Yugiohs letter was received by them on 22nd April, but they ignored it.

As per FlamingParrots post 80, Yugioh should have then notified the Court for permission to extend the defence. So this default judgment has almost certainly come from the Court not the opponent.

It's not an ideal situation, but their Solicitor should have responded to you under Law Society guidelines for dealing with Litigants in Person.

An N244 Application will need to be made to try and resolve this; which we can help with.
                                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X