• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What is a Consent Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is a Consent Order

at long last an answer to my original question at the start of this thread "what is a consent order"

im not afraid of putting this on here to help others who may find themselves in the same situation as myself and wondering what the heck is a consent order if presented by such by a claimant.

this is my understanding only, and i do hope that someone on this site with more knowledge of these matters will come forward and correct any errors in my understanding.

its an agreement drawer up by the other side, stating terms by which the matter/case is dropped or stayed upon terms that the defendant pay so much per month. should the defendant default then the other side have the right to enforce. any dispute about the validity and/or previous un enforceability issues can no longer be disputed!

so where a pre 2007 and/or doddgy recon could have been put forward as a dispute before to a judge, on agreement to 'consent' this option is no longer available to you.

as a defendant i guess you then need to decide whether you feel you and/or your case are strong enough to proceed with a hearing if you are a LIP.

hope this information is of use to others out there.

Comment

Re: What is a Consent Order

Now having provided an answer to the question, of what is a consent order? i would be grateful for the procedure if a consent order was breached. my understanding is

claimant requests new hearing date for SJ (?)
      consent order breached so SJ given forthwith(?)

also what happens if your circumstances change and you need to reveiw the amount paid? if the claimant does not want to agree to a reviewed amount, then

claimant request new hearing date for SJ
      consent order breached so SJ given forwith

i have assumed that there will be no room for negoiation, and that the claimant has the defendant by the short and curleys?

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X