• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Santander calls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santander calls

Guys I need a little advise.

Hubby has finally lost the thread with Co-op about the lack of up to date info, and changed banks. We contacted all our companies and said "Ok these are the new DD details.. go for ya life" and thought that was that, there is on Hubbys account an active DD mandate for Santander (old comet card).

I am now getting up to 5 calls a day for hubby from the buggers chasing up payments they have never applied for.. what is the legality of this?

he has said to them, ok you claim the payments from the bank account then.. but they have so far refused point blank, and me trying to talk sense in to them is like banging my head against the wall.. and no co-op want money for bouncing payments as we no longer use the account, they have all the shut the account down papers, just haven't done it yet (too much money in refusing payments methinks.)

any idea?
    Tags: None

Re: Santander calls

​I've heard there is a little spaceman rocketing round LB hun,,maybe he will let you twiddle his antennae to sort this out msl: SORRY,,COULDN'T RESIST

Comment

:tinfoil3::tinfoil3: im ok I got my protective hat on!!

They cant get me!!

Comment

BUMPED

Comment

UPDATE:
          2 more calls this morning alone, both from Santander cards, one machine and one human being who basically told me that Santander Cards are won't comply with OFT guidelines and "The calls WILL continue weather you like it or not."

We have previously wrote in saying everything must be done by writing which has been totally ignored.

This is really starting to piddle me off, and yes that was very restrained its not what I actually wanted to write!

I am told that threatening to continue to harras me is not harrasment.. or threatening behaviour and they are entitled to call as many times as they like until "They gain safisfaction."

HELP!!

Comment

:bump:

Comment

When you change bank accounts they should automatically transfer over all the direct debits or thats what I've always been led to believe, so I'd check that out first, take a look a the new bank's website it should give you all the info on there.
              Re the harrassment, do the usual, write down the date and time of every call, if you can record them even better and report them to the OFT, each complaint gets them a nice fine and if its upheld they get an even better fine.
              Find out the names of the head honcho of Santander and the idiot in charge of card services, someone on here will know, then write or email them both, tell them whats going on and how your being harrassed and gaining charges from the other side, tell them they are being reported and if they don't respond within 7 days saying that they have sorted it out and you no longer get the harrassment, then you'll go to the papers with your story.
              They'll love that - NOT

Oh and whilst your at it find out the idiot in charge of the Co-op bank and email or write to him and threaten the same.

Comment

Thanks Sapphy, can we be charged for late payments if they haven't claimed payments?

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
                  Find out the names of the head honcho of Santander
                  Ana Patricia Botin
                  ceo@santander.co.uk
                  twitter - http://twitter.com/@santanderuk
                  FB - http://www.facebook.com/santanderuk

Oh and whilst you're at it find out the idiot in charge of the Co-op bank
                  Barry Tootell
                  barry.tootell@cfs.coop

Comment

emails sent to both.
                    Halifax have been awesome throughout this kerfuffle!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
                      Thanks Sapphy, can we be charged for late payments if they haven't claimed payments?
                      I wouldn't have thought so especially if you can prove it, worth mentioning to the head honcho and see if it can be squashed too.

Comment

they have just emailled and said they have to call to stop the calls.. what a crock of crap, but I will allow the call and then say, ok so, the whole OFT instruction that you MUST contact by the requested way ONLY is irrelevent because???

I will also advise them that yes we HAVE checked with the Halifax and there is the DD sitting waiting for them to claim on. OH and she thanked us for 2 emails to C/S...

funny that, the first email I sent was undelivered (hence contacting them via the FB page) the only other email we have sent was from the 21/1/2013 which was stating I could speak on the account as Hubby is a truck driver.. yet they never recieved this one??
                        We have the automated Thank you for your enquiry email, so someone is telling porkies

Comment

You don't speak Spanish, do you?

If you did, you could call them mienten hijas de puta cabrones de cerdo or something like that. :rofl:

Comment

I speak basic Dutch too, and was thinking on calling them paard ezel but there is something useful that comes out of that.. and for a clue.. you put it on ya roses!!

Comment

Best thing to sort all unwanted calls is a Truecall, one of the best devices I have ever bought http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/new-TRUE-C...item1e77f46f09 this ones at a very good price.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X