• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problems with rossendales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problems with rossendales

I've spoke to council a few times over the past month. Asking for written confirmation that I've paid them in full & also to ask them to stop Rossendales calling as it was causing me distress & I was in tears on the phone. The council are unsympathetic & said on both occasions that I need to deal with Rossendales to sort out their fees. She evenly told me just to pay it to stop them hassling me. Ill contact council again this morning first & see if they can provide that info. I had also asked the council why they didn't do an attachment of earnings before instructing baliffs in the first place. They said we "we don't have your work info" then said " oh yes it's here. Well maybe you wasn't earning enough". They really are useless & don't care about the baliffs causing me stress as I've now paid their bill. Also whilst I was paying them directly I did ask if they could take the debt back from Rossendales & they said that was not possible.
    Many thanks for all your help, hopefully I can get to the bottom of this so I can relax in my own home instead of jumping everytime the door goes x
    Last edited by Mrs worried; 1st February 2013, 07:32:AM.

Comment

I assume when you have spoken to the Council you just speak to whoever answers the phone. You need ti escalate to someone more senior.

You need to make them aware that the Bailiff is claiming a Levy made on (Date) but you have no knowledge of this as no Notice of Seizure was left, this is a legal requirement. As the Council are 100% liable for the actions and charges of their contractor you now require they provide this information. If they continue with their bolshy attitude inform them you will be considering a complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman and are they aware of recent reports about Councils & Bailiffs.

Comment

The council wouldn't care would they? They've had their money.

Comment

Originally posted by Somecamel View Post
          The council wouldn't care would they? They've had their money.
          If you point out they are vicariously liable, they will care. VC means they are equally culpable with their appointed enforcement agents. Thus if you have an issue with the bailiffs, the people that instructed them are equally accountable, regardless of whether they've had their money or not.

With regards to Pepsie's post above, if possible, I'd try to get an email address and write it, rather than speak on the phone. There is a record of it then to add to the paper trail.

Comment

Well well well..... Rang council & spoke to relevant dept.Woman said I'd have to take it up with Rossendales. After saying they were working on your instruction & you should have the info they're charging me for & threatening with ombudsman she said she'd speak to the supervisor. She rang back an hr letter & has asked Rossendales for info regarding charges & letters sent & will contact me when she has a response. Ill keep you posted on what happens next. But many thanks for all advice x

Comment

If the people in councils knew what they were doing and what can and not be done by their people or their contractors people would be less harrassed and worried my opinion is if they cant do the job they are paid for why are they there in cases like this its peoples lives they are playing with about time was clarity from councils on what can be charged for council tax arrears make it clear how high the debt can become and what action taken then everone will know were they stand To easy that?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs worried View Post
                I'm so scared as she's threatened to come at 8 tonight & kids will be in bed
                Who is "she"?

Could you scan and post the letter wherein you were threatened with gaol for not paying the bailiffs' purported fees?

By the way, bailiffs are now forbidden from removing children to sell for vivisection in settlement of a debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs worried View Post
                  On the third visit the bailiff was able to levy distress. While the bailiff is only able to levy distress on goods inside your home if peaceful entry is gained, peaceful entry is not required to levy distress on goods you have outside your home.
                  As the bailiff levied distress , a levy fee of £59 was incurred.
                  This suggests that the liability order was in the region of £1600; if it was significantly less, they've overcharged.

However, as the motor car seems to have been on HP, then it did not belong to the alleged debtor and hence the levy was invalid; if the levy is invalid, then no fees may lawfully be charged.

The attendance time fee is set at amount which takes into account a number of additional factors in additional to the the hire of a vehicle. The fee is therefore set at a certain amount which is agreed by the council.
                  Oh,Bälle, Kugeln und Nüssen!

Rossendales may wish to pretend otherwise, but the only fees they are lawfully permitted to charge are those laid out in the Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rating (Amendment) (England) Regulations 2006 - link.

Moreover, if the levy was invalid, there could have been no question of a bailiff attending to remove goods, even if the bailiff could have somehow managed to shoe-horn the allegedly levied motor car into the Transit van the bailiff allegedly hired.

While some payment has been received, we are able to continue to execute the liability order as the full balance including fees incurred has not been settled in full.
                  Stuff and nonsense.
                  sorry to hear you are unwell at present. In order to update our records in relation to this matter we will require a copy of a doctors letter detailing health problems.
                  Poppycock - there is no such requirement in law.

Our records show 2 mobile numbers on our records. To allow us to update our records, please confirm your daughters tel no.
                  Just tell them to remove both numbers.

Please note certificated bailiffs are not subject to the office of fair trading guidelines,
                  Guess what - bailiffs tell lies!

Rossendales Limited does have a current, Consumer Credit Licence; see the attached PDF file.

Even if the licence is not needed for their activities as certificated (or certifiable?) bailiffs, misdeeds by one department may cast doubt on the fitness of the company to retain or renew that licence.

our governing body is CIVEA, the civil enforcement association.
                  CIVEA is of less use than the teats on a bull.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by CleverClogs; 2nd February 2013, 11:49:AM. Reason: removed comment

Comment

Not too sure about the final link there CC. To which section of the link were you referring specifically as there's some content there which appears more suited to a guinea pig than a member of LB.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                      Not too sure about the final link there CC. To which section of the link were you referring specifically as there's some content there which appears more suited to a guinea pig than a member of LB.
                      Thanks

Link removed and if anyone else see's links to that site, please report the post. No offence to CC intended btw.
                      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Some of it - such as the ideas about dealing with vehicle clamps - may not be excellent, but the case law references seem OK.

Comment

I did report it early this morning at about 2:25am! Again no offence to CC at all - the person who runs that site is a known quantity and is no friend of LB.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            Some of it - such as the ideas about dealing with vehicle clamps - may not be excellent, but the case law references seem OK.
                            Indeed - case law refs are OK. The ideas are somewhat experimental though, and the person who owns the site is a - well he's a ....... that's enough said really!

Comment

I'd not have said that the ideas are significantly worse than some I've seen and there seems to be none of that daft "free man on the land" drivel which seems to use Anglo-Saxon law (!) against bailiffs.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                                I'd not have said that the ideas are significantly worse than some I've seen and there seems to be none of that daft "free man on the land" drivel which seems to use Anglo-Saxon law (!) against bailiffs.
                                Definitely not FMOTL, but so many of these are totally untested and anyone acting on the advice in them leaves themselves potentially vulnerable. People are always free to go and test the ideas on the site (for which they're asked to make a contribution) if they want to, but personally I wouldn't advise it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X