• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marstons at the door

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marstons at the door

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    What public confidence had you in mind?
    Maybe should have said "convenience"

Comment

Why only civil proceedings?

Since when was making a deliberately false allegation to the police - which is surely a case of "wasting police time" if not conspiracy to pervert the course of justice - not a criminal offence?
      I checked this with CPS Legal Guidance. Making a false allegation is enough.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

What public confidence had you in mind?
        I know that a lot of people are fast losing confidence in the justice system, CC, but employing morons like Marston just accelerates the decline and really takes the p*ss.

Comment

hi update. was almost homeless but found a place at last second. no internet so limited to what i can do. police turned up as i was leaving and asked me if i wanted to make a statement about marston

Comment

Originally posted by daggz68 View Post
            hi update. was almost homeless but found a place at last second. no internet so limited to what i can do. police turned up as i was leaving and asked me if i wanted to make a statement about marston
            And did you?

Does Marstons or their performing moron know to where you've moved?

Are you going to tell them? :rofl:

Comment

i will be. was in middle of moving out. not telling them plus have land lady bitch false address

Comment

Bloody hell! Have your local police force finally realised that certificated bailiffs working for Marstons are taking the p*ss out of them as well as you? If it is, then the police need to be commended for waking up and smelling the coffee. Using pepper spray and tasers on the buggers a bit more might get the message home to Marstons that lying, cheating and bullying is not only unacceptable, but has consequences, too. Rather painful ones, where pepper spray and tasers are concerned.

Note: The pepper spray used by police forces is, usually, a concentrated form of chilli pepper. It ranks 2,000 on the Schofield Scale (the measure of how hot pepper is) and can incapacitate someone for up to 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                  Refer this matter directly to the Ministry of Justice, in London. I have never read such a load of b*ll*cks from a government department, particularly, HMCTS. There is nothing contained within Rule 52, Criminal Procedures Rules 2011 (as amended) that requires a fine defaulter to deal with a bailiff. Below, is the wording of Rule 52.2 as regards Means Hearings -

Application to reduce a fine or vary payment terms
                  52.5.—(1) This rule applies where—
                  (a) no collection order is in force;
                  and
                  (b) the defendant wants the court to—

(i)
                  reduce the amount of a fine, or
                  (ii) vary payment terms.
                  (2) Unless the court otherwise directs, the defendant must—
                  (a) apply in writing;
                  (b) serve the application on the court officer; and
                  (c) in the application, explain—
                  (i) what relevant circumstances have not yet been considered by the court, and
                  (ii) why the fine should be reduced, or the payment terms varied.

[Note. See sections 75(534), 85(535) and 85A(536) of the Magistrates’ Courts Act 1980.]

You may get more sense by consulting with a solicitor at your local Law Centre, which can offer free legal advice/assistance. However, a formal complaint to the MoJ is now a must. HMCTS are 100% vicariously-liable for the actions of the bailiff involved, but do send a copy of the letter to Marstons AFTER you have sent it off to the MoJ.
                  Once the fine has been passed to the bailiff I am given to understand this is classed as " a collection order"..hence the parrot script directing everyone to 'deal with the bailiff'

Pepsie

Comment

Was it purely my imagination or did Mr M----- really opine, in vulgar language, that you are an onanist?
                    I thought he said banker? - but sorry it was probably much less insulting (funny way of pronouncing his w's though nevertheless....)
                    Last edited by MissFM; 12th January 2013, 21:51:PM.

Comment

• Re: Marstons at the door

at what time in the video does he say that?

Comment

at what time in the video does he say that?
                        It was right at the start of the video that he made the curious statement, "You're a w@nker for not paying your fine."

Comment

Hi. I managed to find accommodation at the last minute. Police have been to take a statement. Waiting on them to call back at some point. Have not spoken to marston since I had a letter at old address stating they wish to have a copy of the recording. Police have the youtube link anyway.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X