• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow & Court Papers What to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arrow & Court Papers What to do?

or should I ask them what the debt is for?

Lizzy1

Comment

Hi

They have issued a claim, so you have to either defend or admit in full or part, all the details should be on the claim you have received.

If they have not supplied any previous information regarding the claim and you do not know what it is for then you can write on the acknowledgment just that.

They should always give you chance to pay before starting any court proceedings.

But you must return the claim to the court with an acknowledgement or they will apply for a default judgement against you.

This will cost you nothing.

D

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I am trying to fill form out online to defend this claim but doesn't seem to be a place in the ackmowledgment of service section where i can add that I dont know what the claim is actually for?

Does anyone know where I can add this?

Comment

Once you've acknowledged the service you will have 28 days from the date you've received the claim form to deliver the defence to the court. It is in the defence document you state that you have no knowledge of the debt. Acknowledgement document is simply a confirmation that you received the claim and will deal with it in your time. Remember, the acknowledgement should be received by the court within 14 CALENDAR days, so you MUST deal with it today.

Comment

Thanks I have now acknowledge the claim on line.

Comment

Well done, now you have up to 14 CALENDAR days to submit your defence -remember, defence is sent BOTH to court and to the claimant. Good luck and take those lying, money grabbing shuisters to the cleaners.

Comment

you need to send a cpr 31.14 request to the claimant by recorded delivery with immediate effect to find out what this claim relates to

do it today

we have 14 days to do the defence

i would not have acknowledged the claim so soon myself, i would use the full 14 days but whats done is done

Comment

Can you point me in the right direction for a cpr 31.14 request i.e is there a template letter I can use?

Thank you.

Comment

I haven't sent my cpr 13.14 requestas advised as I cant seem to find the template letters on here!

Can someone please help?

thanks

Comment

http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index....Your_Advantage

M1

Comment

Thank you, I have now sent it off - oh one other question do I send a copy of this cpr request to the claimant's solicitor as well?

Comment

where have you sent the cpr 31.14 request

that does go to the claimants solicitor by recorded delivery

did you send it to the claimant

Comment

Oh no I sent it to the claimant I will send another copy to the solicitor today hope its not to late!

Comment

its not to late the claimant should pass it onto the solicitor anyway

the thing is that it was sent

recorded delivery i hope

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X