• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

claims managment companies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• claims managment companies

Hi every one
    I have some ppi cllaims with the FOS, i will try and keep this short so here goes.
    In september 2009 a cm company contacted me advicing they can help reclaim my ppi back usually within eight week. I gave all the information etc. I had updating letters to say it was taking longer than mormal etc. Well in 2010 my case was sent to the FOS, the claims company didnt inform me of this it was the FOS, saying the are unable to progrss with the claim as g e money were not regulated. But i could make another seperate complaint against the insurance underwriters, which i agreed to and forwarded all the documents they asked for, getting copy letters from g e money etc.
    Today i have received a letter from the claims managment company saying that as i know longer wish them to carry on with my complaint against g e money i should send them a cancellation payment of £500.00 plus vat.
    any advice please
    best wishes
    gillwall.
    Tags: None

Re: claims managment companies

Which claims management company please hun?

Comment

Its Chase Alexander,

Comment

Originally posted by gillwall View Post
        Hi every one
        I have some ppi cllaims with the FOS, i will try and keep this short so here goes.
        In september 2009 a cm company contacted me advicing they can help reclaim my ppi back usually within eight week. I gave all the information etc. I had updating letters to say it was taking longer than mormal etc. Well in 2010 my case was sent to the FOS, the claims company didnt inform me of this it was the FOS, saying the are unable to progrss with the claim as g e money were not regulated. But i could make another seperate complaint against the insurance underwriters, which i agreed to and forwarded all the documents they asked for, getting copy letters from g e money etc.
        Today i have received a letter from the claims managment company saying that as i know longer wish them to carry on with my complaint against g e money i should send them a cancellation payment of £500.00 plus vat.
        any advice please
        best wishes
        gillwall.
        So have you ever actually told the CMC that you no longer wish them to carry on with your complaint?

Comment

No, not yet

Comment

Gillwell post up the terms and conditions that you must have agreed to please hun when you took on this outfit, together with the name of the CMC company which Puffrose has asked for and also whether they are MOJ authorised.

Did you pay any upfront fees as well?

Did you have PPI to be recovered? This is the latest bulletin from the Ministry of Justice http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...12-bulletin-15 which states that to many bogus PPI claims are being sent in by CMC's. If this is the case here I would certainly be complaining to the MOJ.

Comment

No, not yet
              In that case tell them that they cannot possibly charge you on the basis that you have.

Comment

no not yet

Comment

It Chase Alexander associates, its been that long ago 2009, i dont remember having any.
                  thank you
                  gillwall, no fees have been paid, it was a no win no fee, mmm!!

Comment

Well like I said tell them the basis for the charge is invalid as you have not cancelled your agreement with them.

Comment

Since you did not cancel and it is a no win no fee what rights have they got to charge you £500+VAT, this seems tyo be a right shower.

It Chase Alexander associates, its been that long ago 2009, i dont remember having any.
                      thank you
                      gillwall, no fees have been paid, it was a no win no fee, mmm!!

Comment

Can i cancel my dealings with chase alexander without paying any fees, as the complaint i originally had was with g e money and this has been dismissed by chase alexander and the fos. even though i wish to persue the insurance underwriters on a seperate complaint with the fos as they adviced.
                        many thanks
                        gillwall

Comment

As I have already said it will fully depend on the T&C's you agreed to back in 2009 when you agreed to go with these people.

Can i cancel my dealings with chase alexander without paying any fees, as the complaint i originally had was with g e money and this has been dismissed by chase alexander and the fos. even though i wish to persue the insurance underwriters on a seperate complaint with the fos as they adviced.
                          many thanks
                          gillwall

Comment

i dont remember sighning any t&c, how can i get a copy of them.
                            thank you
                            gillwall

Comment

Ask them for the T&C's that you actually signed, Do not write to them with anything with your signature on so that they can copy it. You can email them and ask for this.

i dont remember sighning any t&c, how can i get a copy of them.
                              thank you
                              gillwall

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X