• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Not Fit For Work Note

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not Fit For Work Note

Originally posted by alibasset View Post
    Thank you for that Sapphy. I certainly do stand up for myself and others at work who are afraid to say anything, sometimes it's difficult to say the right thing when management come out with a load of muddled up jargon to try & confuse you but, I will always check something out. I think it might be time to join the Union. Thanks again for all your support, it is very much appreciated.
    Once you have spoken to the HSE, Ali, would you please come back to this thread and let us know what they have said or recommended?

Bluebottle
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi Bluebottle,

Yes, I will certainly let you know what they said. Thank you
      alibasset

Comment

Hi Ali

Can I just ask? Do you work directly for a the college/university or do you work for a contractor who won the contract via a formal tendering process?

xx
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi everyone,

Just to let you all know that I have spoken to Acas about the points mentioned on this thread. They have said the following:

It is not a legal requirement for an employee to be sent to Ocupational Health after the length of time I have personally been off work. This is down to the individual company's own 'Company Policy' as to whether or not they send an employee to OH.

As far as the 'phased back to work' goes, this is only put into practice if the Ocupational Health has decided it is necessary or, if the doctor as requested this to happen.

Acas was not able to answer my question about 'Risk Assessement' as this is a legal issue and they are not trained to deal with legal matters.

It pretty much look's like my employer has not done anything major wrong, apart from having very, very bad management skills.

I will now soilder on into the night & be thankful that I have a job at all that I can moan about.

Thank you once again to everyone who has taken the trouble to post here. I have appreciated the time that everyone has put into helping me.
          alibasset

Comment

Originally posted by alibasset View Post
            Hi everyone,

Just to let you all know that I have spoken to Acas about the points mentioned on this thread. They have said the following:

It is not a legal requirement for an employee to be sent to Ocupational Health after the length of time I have personally been off work. This is down to the individual company's own 'Company Policy' as to whether or not they send an employee to OH.

As far as the 'phased back to work' goes, this is only put into practice if the Ocupational Health has decided it is necessary or, if the doctor as requested this to happen.

Acas was not able to answer my question about 'Risk Assessement' as this is a legal issue and they are not trained to deal with legal matters.

It pretty much look's like my employer has not done anything major wrong, apart from having very, very bad management skills.

I will now soilder on into the night & be thankful that I have a job at all that I can moan about.

Thank you once again to everyone who has taken the trouble to post here. I have appreciated the time that everyone has put into helping me.
            Hi Ali,

Thank you for getting back to us. ACAS deal purely with employment matters, not health and safety matters, which is the responsibility of HSE.

If your surgeon has told you to return to work as normal, all well and good. However, a phased return to work is something a doctor will specify on the MED 3 (Doctor's Certificate) that is given to employees who have been off sick where the doctor considers this to be necessary. If an employer ignores what the doctor has said, the person returns to work against or not in compliance with medical advice, both the employee and the employer are potentially in breach of Health and Safety Law.

Risk Assessments are a legal requirement under Health and Safety Law. Consultation with your surgeon or GP would satisfy that requirement.

Your employer's HR Department has committed an offence under Section 2, Protection from Harassment Act 1997 by them ringing you repeatedly to ask you when you would be returning to work, having previously been told you would be off sick for six weeks. As long as this has abated, I would let it go.

I would, however, advise you to speak to HSE about returning to work after an operation as this will arm you with the correct information should you ever have to go into hospital for surgery again.

All the best.

Bluebottle

Comment

Hi Bluebottle

Thank you for your reply. I only have a couple of week's left on sick leave & I have had no hassle this time from HR although, I have been told the person who like's to have ago at employee's is on holiday. But I will certainly keep your advice in mind & thank you again for all your help & advice.
              alibasset

Comment

Hello Ali,

Glad to hear things have improved. It's been a pleasure to help you sort out the problems you were having. All the very best in the future.

Bluebottle

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X