• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Redetermination Hearing and Charging orders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redetermination Hearing and Charging orders

Hello,
    I'm new here and would appreciate some advice please.

Yesterday I had a redetermination hearing for a debt I owe to Nationwide. I am currently on a DMP with PayPlan and paying Nationwide what I can afford (£50 a month). The hearing was a complete farce. The judge held back proceedings as the claimants solicitor was running late - a courtesy I very much doubt would be extended to me. When he finally he did arrive, he was very nice and had a chat with me beforehand. I mentioned to him that Nationwide had applied for and been granted an interim CO before the redetermination hearing and that I was pretty confused by this and that surely they should have waited to do this until redetermination had been decided. He agreed with me that they had jumped the gun.
    When finally got before the judge an hour later, he (judge) was the most obnoxious, condescending individual I have the misfortune to encounter! He could not be bothered to address me by my correct title, barely acknowledged my presence and decided that as an interim CO had been granted, the case should be adjourned until the CO hearing date. Even N'wides solicitor looked take aback at this turn of events! Judge and him had a little chat whether this was possible and judge apologised to me "for getting technical- you would not understand" - pompous ass! Anyway, he then said sorry if I was aggrieved at his decision to which I replied that I was as surely redetermination should take place first and that I did not feel I had the opportunity to have my say. He just said you can tell me all you want at CO hearing and basically that it was tough! Nationwides solicitor even apologised to me afterwards and said it was completely unexpected.
    Is this normal practice, not to make a decision on redeterminatio and wait for CO proceedings? And can I complain about judges attitude or request different judge for CO hearing? Sorry for long post, just frustrated and very angry
    Tags: None

Re: Redetermination Hearing and Charging orders

I am bumping, could really use some advice.

Many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X