• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bryan Carter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Carter

Hi All

Could do with some advice..........New here so any help would be great. I moved to Canada and ran into a little money trouble and was unable to service my credit card, Egg card. Being young and foolish, I left it and now I still live abroad but would like to sort out the mess.

However, I have a ccj from Bryan Carter for 368 Pounds when my debt is 3000 pounds..........I am sure splitting this is illegal, am I right. Also, I think the debt is statute barred now, but they told me a payment was made in 2006 (Which I certainly did not make unless RBS kept paying a DD for a year with no money in the account) I will deal with the outstanding money as time permits obviously, but if it is statute barred I can deal with it on my terms.

Can I get this ccj set aside as it was done in 2007 without my knowledge and if I do can they re apply for the full 3000?

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Bryan Carter

Originally posted by kutulu100 View Post
    Hi All

Could do with some advice..........New here so any help would be great. I moved to Canada and ran into a little money trouble and was unable to service my credit card, Egg card. Being young and foolish, I left it and now I still live abroad but would like to sort out the mess.

However, I have a ccj from Bryan Carter for 368 Pounds when my debt is 3000 pounds..........I am sure splitting this is illegal, am I right. Also, I think the debt is statute barred now, but they told me a payment was made in 2006 (Which I certainly did not make unless RBS kept paying a DD for a year with no money in the account) I will deal with the outstanding money as time permits obviously, but if it is statute barred I can deal with it on my terms.

Can I get this ccj set aside as it was done in 2007 without my knowledge and if I do can they re apply for the full 3000?

Thanks in advance.
    I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe if you live abroad still they cannot chase you for the debt in this country. Also I think if you could prove you lived abroad at the time of the CCJ you'd have good reason to have it set aside. Not my field of expertise, so see what others think, but that's my initial view.

Comment

Thank you, if I set it aside though, they can come with a new claim for the entire amount? I spoke to them on the phone and they said the entire debt was enforcable..........Now I believe they cannot enter a judgment for the same thing twice, so is my better option to pay and tell them to whistle for the rest until I decide to pay on my terms which I will do......................

Comment

Just to add, the reason this is important to me is I may have to move back to the UK with work....................

Comment

They can not chase you until you are in that country . But if you went back , they will caught you and will sue you . You should consolidate your debt and hire a financial advisor to help you in your matter . If you want to go back , otherwise enjoy yourself
          east tucson apartments
          Last edited by Elliotte; 15th January 2011, 12:31:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliotte View Post
            They can not chase you until you are in that country . But if you went back , they will caught you and will sue you . You should consolidate your debt and hire a financial advisor to help you in your matter . If you want to go back , otherwise enjoy yourself
            Providing he is outside of the EU then the enjoy himself comment would be right. If he is within the EU then they can chase the debt within an EU country.
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
              Providing he is outside of the EU then the enjoy himself comment would be right. If he is within the EU then they can chase the debt within an EU country.
              Administration of Justice Act 1920. Permits reciprocal civil recovery in many countries (mostly Commonwealth) outside of the EU.

Comment

for 3 grand?... I think theyll let that one fly away....

Comment

Many thanks to leclerk and Debt star for that information, knowledge shared is knowledge gained in my case

Comment

Yes, many thanks and no Im not in the EU but may have to return to England next year with work........So I will have to deal with Mr Carter then.....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X