• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Poundstretcher online problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poundstretcher online problem

I ordered and paid for a Christmas tree on 30th November which Poundstretcher dispatched the following Monday. It arrived at their courier's local depot the following day, I know this as I was given a tracking link. It still has not been delivered over a week later despite it only being 5 miles away. The roads here are easily passable, and have not been so bad it couldn't have been delivered by now.
    I contacted Poundstretcher's customer services via email and was promised delivery yesterday and surprise surprise nothing turned up. I had a bit of a rant on their FB page and was basically told to chase it up with the courier myself. These comments were deleted, however I have managed to keep the last one they sent me:

Poundstretcher Terms and Conditions on our website state

Order Process
    http://www.poundstretcher.co.uk/Term..._store=default

...When you place an order with us, this represents an offer to buy from us. Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract will take place on despatch of the goods you have ordered. Ownership of the products shall pass to you on delivery to the delivery address, provided that we have received payment for them.

Meaning once we have despatched the item its is your responsibility. however i have asked our team to look into it for you aswell.

I removed the comments to protect your Privacy.

Thank you

How can it be my responsibility if I do not own it until it arrives at my home? Does this mean nobody owns it between them and me?

Can anyone clarify what my rights are here please
    Tags: None

Re: Poundstretcher online problem

They state quite clearly ownership of the products shall pass to you on delivery to the delivery address.

That could not be clearer. Whatever they say before to try to wriggle out of their responsibilities is rubbish. They still own it, you want to own it and have presumably paid in full for it. They need either to get it to you for transfer of ownership or refund the moeny they've currently stolen.

Comment

Re: Poundstretcher online problem

Nobody has stolen any money.

The issue lies with the delivery company, although your contract remains with the seller and any complaints should be directed to them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X