• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help Needed With Laptop Before I Kill It!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Needed With Laptop Before I Kill It!!!

Consumer guarantees
    15. - (1) Where goods are sold or otherwise supplied to a consumer which are offered with a consumer guarantee, the consumer guarantee takes effect at the time the goods are delivered as a contractual obligation owed by the guarantor under the conditions set out in the guarantee statement and the associated advertising.

does this not refer to replacements also? as in 'where goods are sold or otherwise supplied' etc i would have thought this covers replacements?

Comment

Are you sure this isn't software related Sal? I had a problem where my OH's connection kept dropping out, it turned out to be something she downloaded off the net that was doing it :rolleyes:.

If it's something you have installed, it's not their fault and therefore you wouldn't be entitled to a refund / replacement.

Just a thought.

Comment

How would I find out if it's something I have down loaded?
        Remember I am a complete novice and need very basic instructions!

Sally x
        P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
        life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
        Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Just kidding.

Erm, it's hard to tell you without looking at it.

The most likely culprits are clicking on links in emails etc?

Comment

Been very tempted!!!
            What do I do about the problem?

Sally x

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Ok.. Firstly, How do you connect to the internet?

Wirelessly, or With a cable plugged into the computer?

Comment

Wireless.

x

Comment

Ok. First thing to check. Signal strength of the wireless connection. in the right hand corner, there is a little icon () hover the mouse over that, and it should say "signal strength"

Let me know.

EDIT: Sorry about picture!

Comment

At the moment it says excellent, but sometimes has a X next to it

Sally x

Comment

What wireless adaptor do you use?
                      I have a tesco one (Belkin) and this always drops out, so i just unplug / replug and it reconnects.

Comment

Do you mean the charger thing?
                        It's Dell. That's already been replaced as they thought it may have something to do with the signal strength - don't understand that, but then I don't understand computers.

Sally x

Comment

Strangely enough, I also have a belkin one attached to my desktop, and that's ****e as well, drops out for no reason.

Comment

sorry to butt in, what Operating system are you using? XP or Vista?

I have had many many many many problems with conectivity, drops out one minute, local connection only, blah, blah. I know just how frustrating it can be. I have been inches away from putting a hammer through my lappy screen and claiming off the accidental damage on the house insurance :rolleyes:

Comment

XP
                              I click in disable, enable, properties, connect to, repair, bridge and those are just the things I remember! Over and over and over!
                              Nothing works.
                              Then for no reason it's back!

Not phoning today as I haven't had an hour or so to spend on the phone and work at 3-11. Hopefully I will tomorrow.

Sally x

Comment

I know you've been asked before but if your using wireless, you must have a router, or hub that is plugged into your phone line.
                                Do you know what type it is? ie. bt homehub, belkin, linksys etc?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X