• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance

I have ask welcome finance to reduce my payment like I have all my creditors but they just will not stop the calls unlike the other creditors who have accepted my offer.

They keep calling me at work even though I have told them not to ! several times.

I offered them £64 pr first offer but they said no and wanted £127 so I gave in and said yes, I even have a letter from them asking me if I can manage to pay £127 and I told them yes to get them off my back.

I have paid my first payment last month to them of £127 and a couple of days they phone me at work asking for the rest of money to make me pay my full payment to them, I was very mad and i told them I just can not afford to pay any more, they said ok we will phone near the date of payment next month I said ok!

Today still not near there pay day this woman phones me and asked me again at work to pay the full amount, I told her that I will not be paying anything until my next payment date this being the 12th of every month.

They now want me to go into there office to fill form in on income et!!!!!! and to take the loan over a longer period with even more charges on it, this putting me in a worse mess.

What can I do please help, I can only afford £64 put have paid £127 and they still will not leave me in peace.

Re: Wecome Finance

Hi Jim:

I am currently helping a friend deal with Welcome Finance whose commercial practices are very questionable, I am happy to share what I have learned in the hope that it will help although someone with more experience may be able to help more.

First, do not go to their offices to sign a new loan agreement, they did this with my friend. They not only increase the loan period they also increase the loan amount to include all their charges resulting in a much bigger loan (in friends case a £12k loan taken 2 years ago was a new loan for £18K despite not actually borrowing any more money).
    Also, and just as worrying because the consumer is unaware, by signing on their premises it removes your ability to cancel the agreement under the Consumer Credit Act. They actually refused to allow her to leave the building until she signed!

If you have an agreement to pay £127 per month, continue to make those payments if you can afford to, no judge would entertain a claim from them whilst you are maintaining agreed payments.

I also suggest submitting a request under section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, for the following
    · A true copy of the agreement signed by both parties and (if applicable) the PPI insurance document.
    · A statement of the account, including charges, fees, interest and any other credits or repayments.
    · Specific details of any fees/charges levied including a breakdown of how the charge was calculated
    · Transcripts of any telephone conversations recorded or written notes from telephone conversations
    · Details of any manual intervention and disclosure of any notes which caused the intervention.

You will need to send the required payment of £1 with your request and send it by recorded delivery. The consequence of non-compliance with your request is they are not entitled to enforce the agreement while the default continues.

At the same time put the account into dispute on the grounds that they are imposing charges that are not consistent with the Unfair terms in Consumer Contract Regulations. You should also insist they comply with the Office of Fair Tradings guidance on debt collection and stop calling you at unreasonable times/places, and all future contact in relation to this matter should be in writing only as recent telephone calls have resulted in distress from the arrogant, aggressive and threatening manner their representative showed. You are not able to make considered decisions when put under pressure in this way. If they continue to make phone calls, note the time, place and name of the person making the call, there are avenues to pursue a harassment claim.

The easiest way of not speaking to them is by refusing to answer when they say ‘for security purposes can you confirm your date of birth/ first line of address etc’. My favourite way is to say ‘let me get this straight, in the interest of my security you want me to give my personal details to an unknown person making an unsolicited phone call’. This usually triggers a few moments silence before they say ‘ I have an important matter I need to discuss with you but I cannot unless you confirm who you are’.
    The reply should be ‘I know who I am, but I don’t know who you are. If you have anything to discuss, send it in writing to the address you have for me when I will deal with it’ and put the phone down.

When you receive your info, total up all their charges (which will usually exceed any arrears giving them no legal cause for action) and exercise your right to challenge them, in the courts if necessary, there are people here who will guide you every step of the way.

Stuart

Comment

:tinysmile_grin_t: Thank you very very much, your reply was such a great help.

Jim202

Comment

I agree with everything that the Judge says except I'd send a SAR under the Data Protection Act, rather than go for the credit agreement request.

Its £10 and not £1, however a failure to deliver all your records brings the ICO into the frame for complaints. Once sent registered delivery, you can state rightly that the case is in dispute and that they are bound by the guidance laid down by the OFT for consumers disputes.

In the same letter request that Welcome remove your telephone numbers from their systems as this is your data and you are now withdrawing your permission for them to hold said.

good luck
        Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

Re: Welcome Finance

im in a similar situation with welcome with a car i took on finance with them for everything thay have done to me im hoping to get my day in court i wish i had never got involved with the company gd luck x

Comment

I have an issue with car finance with Welcome that I will post on another part - I have to say they have been a complete nightmare and would recommend anyone looking for finance do not go near!

Comment

Originally posted by jim202 View Post
              I have ask welcome finance to reduce my payment like I have all my creditors but they just will not stop the calls unlike the other creditors who have accepted my offer.

They keep calling me at work even though I have told them not to ! several times.

I offered them £64 pr first offer but they said no and wanted £127 so I gave in and said yes, I even have a letter from them asking me if I can manage to pay £127 and I told them yes to get them off my back.

I have paid my first payment last month to them of £127 and a couple of days they phone me at work asking for the rest of money to make me pay my full payment to them, I was very mad and i told them I just can not afford to pay any more, they said ok we will phone near the date of payment next month I said ok!

Today still not near there pay day this woman phones me and asked me again at work to pay the full amount, I told her that I will not be paying anything until my next payment date this being the 12th of every month.

They now want me to go into there office to fill form in on income et!!!!!! and to take the loan over a longer period with even more charges on it, this putting me in a worse mess.

What can I do please help, I can only afford £64 put have paid £127 and they still will not leave me in peace.
              good news - you are still in a good position - as bad as it might look now - FIRSTLY and most importantly they are not allowed to contact you at work if you so request it - seems to me you are a bit soft with them - dont be scared to hang up - - -secondly all calls are recorded dont be scared to launch a complaint with their head office - all complaints are followed up - call the headoffice in ruddington fields and ask for complaince department - complain about the calls at work - thirdly - you probably got the irritating call which occured a few days after your paydate because of cash targets in place at the moment - at the ed of each month branches get desperate to hit cash targets and offer better incentives - there are 3 deaprtments in welcome - the more payments yo0u miss the more your incentives the lessu have to pay - also it is easy to amend experian data - showing an account as settled in full whe in fact a w/off has been done - when you reach the LCU - local collection unit after about 7 missed payments - you get best incentives eg - settlements, and only have to pay 35% of your fcp ragrdless of whether a rewrite had been done or not

Comment

before any body thinks about taking welcome to court

you need them to investigate a complaint under there complaints procedure, they are allowed eight weeks

they will have to give you a final response then , which will be to reject your complaint but give you the opertunity to take it to the fos

if you go to court, the judge will want to know why you have not used the fos

the fos uphold 95 % of all insurance miselling claims against welcome

Comment

Ok I am new to all this so got a few questions.

Need help with some of the abbreviations:

1, SAR under the Data Protection Act =?
                  2, ICO =?
                  3, OFT =?
                  4, FOS =?

Thank you and sorry for being blonde :-(

Comment

Originally posted by SarahJane View Post
                    Ok I am new to all this so got a few questions.

Need help with some of the abbreviations:

1, SAR under the Data Protection Act =?
                    2, ICO =?
                    3, OFT =?
                    4, FOS =?

Thank you and sorry for being blonde :-(
                    No problems,

1, Subject Access Request Data Protection Act - How to get your information.

2, Information Commissioners Office -

Information Commissioner's Office - ICO

3, Office of Fair Trading -
                    The Office of Fair Trading: making markets work well for consumers

4, Financial Ombudsman Service -
                    Financial Ombudsman Service
                    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X