• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The bank really HAVE robbed me!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bank really HAVE robbed me!

We have 5 cash machines to choose from, 4 at tesco's (tesco finance RBS) and one at ...erm...oh yeah, RBS Bank.

Yesterday OH went to draw out £50 and got the message "service temporarily unavailable"

Checked my account balance today and guess what? £50 withdrawn. Fortunately there were others in the queue to withdraw and OH knows one of them, so if its happened to others we will know and we have a witness that no cash was withdrawn.

Just phoned FD to notify them and they told me it could be 6 WEEKS before we get the cash back!!! and furthermore, RBS won't deal with me about this, only with my bank.

Now if I was a cynic, I could think, hmmmm, turn off your cash machines for an hour, take the money everyone's trying to draw out and keep it for 6 weeks......

Anyone know RBS unauthorised interest rate? I feel a claim coming on.

The ATM is balanced once weekly. Your other half would need to complete an ATM dispute form, the receiving bank has 10 days to respond once contacted. There are checks made by FD prior to sending it to RBoS. They then would credit FD internal account who should credit your OH. The 6 weeks quoted is the worst case scenario. The ATM should show as over when balanced. If the ATM was balanced every time that a potential problem occured there would be no ATM's open at all.

Comment

Not good enough Nattie.

This is all just another con by the banks to hang on to customers (not even their own customers) money.

FD were happy to take the dispute details over the phone, for the bank to have 10 days to respond is a joke!!!

They credit an FD internal account? why? they have my details, why not just credit mine?

6 weeks is a worse case scenario? well a maximum 5 days and they're gonna know whether their machine balances, they already have the complaint, lets see how long it takes shall we?

Now lets say I'm an out of work widow with 4 kids and i went to that bank to get money for my kids packed lunches for the week, and lets say that was my last £50. Does that make you feel efficient or effective (yes I know, you don't make the rules)

Comment

well, actually it could be quicker IMHO. The other bank needs to contact them first. I have had cases where notes have been retracted back into the ATM and they got £20 and the ATM showed the whole amount retracted. Sorry FD send details to RBS who check internal accounts and will need to check for a notes retracted message. Personally i think it could be quicker. The amount would be credited to an internal suspense account with a reference on it and they should credit you(on this last bit I have to add, I think).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X