• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Disputing vehicle inspection report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disputing vehicle inspection report

Hi, I'm looking for some advice about the following. Today I have had my Vauxhall corsa (on a pcp with GMAC) inspected and taken away. The pcp was completed in full (3years) so I haven't voluntarily terminated the contract early. The report that Manheim have given me a copy of states the damage details (2 scuffs, 1 scratch and 1 dent) with a total of £419.00! When looking over the car again with the inspector I feel that these damages are minimal, especially after 3 years of use, and I have asked to dispute the report. The inspector told me to wait to hear from GMAC. Can anyone give me any advice as to what I should to prepare myself for their communication? I don't know if this is of any use but I was under my mileage limit by 2000 miles so I wasn't sure if I could use this as a way of negotiating the price down/wiping it off completely!
    Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Disputing vehicle inspection report

Was the car inspected with you present if so did you sign it?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      Was the car inspected with you present if so did you sign it?
      I was present yes. The inspector explained how he does the inspection and how they try to polish out the scratches to see if this is a minor one or if the paintwork will need a smart repair or refinish, which he said these scratches would need. He said if I wanted to dispute it he would tick the option on his tablet before I signed it and then he could ether take it away or I could try and get the paint jobs done myself. After reading a few unsuccessful stories of people paying for paint jobs and it not being satisfactory for gmac I thought it best for him to take it anyway and I'd continue with my dispute.

Comment

Hello

Did you take photos of the car inside and out? Generally lenders will use the guidelines set out by BVRLA which are pretty stringent though they don't take into account the age of the vehicle and that it is reasonable to suggest that the older the vehicle, the more likely there will be scuffs and marks here and there.

The only thing I can really think of is argue that the BVRLA guidelines are not appropriate for the reasons above (which means the term is unfair). There are other guides out there like the CAP HPI Guides which take into account the age of the vehicle but also provide examples of when a car might be in good, average or poor condition. See the link below which might help. There's not much more I can really say about this.

https://postimg.org/image/rf5hzto3l/
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
          Hello

Did you take photos of the car inside and out? Generally lenders will use the guidelines set out by BVRLA which are pretty stringent though they don't take into account the age of the vehicle and that it is reasonable to suggest that the older the vehicle, the more likely there will be scuffs and marks here and there.

The only thing I can really think of is argue that the BVRLA guidelines are not appropriate for the reasons above (which means the term is unfair). There are other guides out there like the CAP HPI Guides which take into account the age of the vehicle but also provide examples of when a car might be in good, average or poor condition. See the link below which might help. There's not much more I can really say about this.

https://postimg.org/image/rf5hzto3l/
          Hi Rob, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately with this being the first car finance I've ever done I have been a bit naive and not taken any photos. The car was on a 3 year plan though so as you say it should be considered reasonable that things like scuffs will be more likely. I've had a look through the information on the link you sent me and I'm thinking the best thing for me to do may be to contact GMAC first and see what they say. Do you think I would be able to use the fact that I've done 2000miles under my limit as a way to negotiate a lower price, as they now have a car that has done less than 25000miles, which for a 3 year old car is considered pretty good?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X