• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Paternity leave rights???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paternity leave rights???

Hi there I'm just in a new job for the past 15 weeks and I'm wondering what my right are with time off and pay? they have said I wont receive any pay from them at all and I am only allowed 1 week off, is this correct? any help would be appreciated thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Paternity leave rights???

[MENTION=51026]Ula[/MENTION], I am sure it's 14 days (that's what my hubby got) and it's paid...

congrats btw¬
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Congratulations.

To be entitled to statutory paternity leave and pay (currently £140.98 per week) of up to two weeks one of the requirements is to have worked for your employer continuously for at least 26 weeks by the end of the 15th week before the expected week of childbirth. So based on the fact you have only worked for your current employer for 15 weeks you would not be eligible.

Your company may have a policy on paternity leave which may give some time off if you do not have the length of service but without being paid. It may be worth asking for a copy of their policy to check this amd it may be why they are offering a week but unpaid.

If you wamt to be paid for the time off you could think about whether you would want to take it as annual holiday.
      If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

thanks for your help. This company have still yet to produce a contract even after a number of request so I will have a look if they ever produce one!

Comment

The paternity policy may not be in your contract but should be part of a staff handbook.
          If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
          If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X