• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit Card Calculation (Again) Cooperative Bank - is this offer right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card Calculation (Again) Cooperative Bank - is this offer right?

Hi folks, I used to be on here and used LB successfully to fight a parking invoice. Couldn't remember details so reregistered.
    Hope someone can help. I only have 7 more days to reply and accept or not now as been trying to work it out and decide this week.

I had a few credit cards from 2000 to 2012/3. In October 2013 engaged Stepchange to freeze the interest on the overdrafts and cards as years of self employment and agency work and a couple of ops took it's toll.

I paid everything off in October 2016. The total figure I owed was frightening.
    I have since received back £700 on a consolidation loan from Natwest I didn't know I had using ismart for the donkey work then applied myself. The figure seemed fair.

The other one they found was the Co Op credit card.

I took out in December 2002.
    The balance of my card was between £3000 to £5000
    over let's assume 10 years rather than the full period of 2002 to 2016 as of course the balance of £3000 probably did not grow until 2 years in at least.
    So between 2004 to 2013 the average balance was around say £4000 for ease of estimating.

The Co Op confirmed I did have PPi.
    The balance the Co Op calculated that I was owed PPi up to July 2016 though card stopped 3 years earlier and not used and interest was frozen in 2013.

Now all the online calculators I've found don't all add up giving vastly different amounts - but I can't make sense of their (the Co Op's figures either).
    Some late payment charges included and then some other figures.

Now if most sites list PPi on cards to be 1% of balance plus 20% at end of year I'm confused.
    Is the 1% every month or at year end?
    If it is annually then this still seems like a very lowball offer. If it's say £30 per year as 1% of 3000 then over 10 to 12 years it surely is more than this? My balance was rarely if ever below £3k and stayed at max limit of £5K for years.

The breakdown is below and it just seems very low compared to other people's I've read.

Can anybody help please?
    - I have some statements but not lots having moved I got rid of a lot of paper. This is the only breakdown I got from them.

refund of charges £68.00
    debit interest £9.54
    8% simple interest £21.44
    Total £98.98
    the figure above is from refunded late payment charges I believe.

The other costings are below.
    Total CCPPi accrued to 14-Jul-16 £92.37
    CC Interest accrued to on above to 14-Jul-16 £12.85
    8% Interest on any notional credit card balances £48.81
    Closed without arrears Yes
    Post Closure Balance liable for 8% £105.02
    Post Closure Interest @ 8% simple to 05-Mar-17
    Total Redress Due £159.21
    Total Untaxed 8% Interest payment £54.19
    Less Tax Calculated -£10.83
    net total 8% £43.36
    Net Redress Payable £148.38
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X