• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

WON!!! Bank Smart breach of contract charges!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bank Smart breach of contract charges!

Shall I send the original complaint letter and all letters , emails I have received in a time line order

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the correct page http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/contact-us/

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/?po...ment-companies

Comment

This one http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/cmc/

Shall I send the original complaint letter and all letters , emails I have received in a time line order
      Yes I would but before you do I'd give them a call to check exactly what they want (0300 555 0333) they're very helpful.

Lets us know how you get on.

I like your pin shot
      I keep it with your letter
      Done up in blueprint blue
      It sure looks good on you
      And when you smile for the camera
      I know I'll love you better

Then the shutter falls
      You see it all in 3-D
      It's your favorite foreign movie

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Comment

Congratulations to Joncot2570.

Complaint upheld and all charges waived!

For ref this was the complaint:

Formal Complaint

Your ref: xxx

By e-mail and registered mail.

Dear Sirs

I wish to make a formal complaint which I expect you to respond to in accordance with your complaints procedures and those required of claims management companies by the Claims Management Regulator.

My complaint comprises of 4 distinct and numerated elements for which I require you to investigate and respond to individually. For the avoidance of doubt I deny any liability to Bank Smart or Symmetric Systems Limited.

Background

In April 2013 I signed a Third Party Authorisation and Agreement with Symmetric Systems Limited T/A Bank Smart after being informed by you that I had PPI on a Barclays loan account I held that may be reclaimable.

Since then I had heard nothing from you in connection with this or any other matter whatsoever until 24 August 2016 when I received an e-mail advising me to log into my 'account' on your system which on doing so stated that my account had been ''locked'', apparently due to 3 ''overdue invoices outstanding'' totalling 1032.60.

On 27 August I e-mailed you politely and genuinely querying the invoices.

Later on 27 August I received a response from the 'Senior Management Team' informing me that:
        ''You have been abusive towards our staff and there is on a note on your account to reject communication from you. Please either pay the invoices or wait for the court to contact you direct. You had 3 Barclays claims all for the return of default charges. We will not communicate with abusive clients unless through a solicitor.''

Despite me sending you 2 further e-mails on the same date requesting further information I did not receive a response.

Complaint Grounds

1 - 'Invoices'

I have never received any of the invoices referred to on the account on your system, although this isn't surprising given that according to my account the invoices are actually only dated the 22 August 2016. Additionally I have never been made aware of the existance of the ''3 Barclays claims'' you referred to in your e-mail of 27 August. This is despite the Conduct of Authorised Persons rules requiring you to ''keep the client informed of the progress of the claim''. As far as I am aware I only held one account with Barclays.

2 - 'Breach Of Contract'

The 3 alleged outstanding invoices listed on my locked account on your system are described as for ''breach of contract''. There is no reference as to what terms of any alledged contract I may have 'breached' or how the invoice amounts levied for the 'breaches' were calculated or apportioned . In any event I have never signed a contract.

As referred to above I signed a Third Party Authorisation and Agreement with you on 13 April 2013. The document specifies that:
        ''I/we have read, understood and agree to be bound by Bank-Smart terms and conditions in respect of all claims registered by me/us. I/we are aware I/we may also obtain a copy by post, email or online whichever I/we prefer and understand that these will be provided without delay''.

I have never signed or been provided with a contract. The Conduct of Authorised Persons rules expressly specify that ''A contract between a business and a client must be signed by the client and the business may not take any payment from the client until the contract is signed''.

3 - Refusal To Communicate

Your e-mail of 27 August, in response to my request for information, refusing to communicate with me is entirely unreasonable and contrary to Principle 1 (a) of the Cleint Specific Rules of the Conduct of Authorised Persons Rules which require you to ''Act fairly and reasonably in dealings with all clients''.

The accusation in the e-mail that ''You have been abusive towards our staff'' is a blatent lie.

4 - Intimidation

As outlined in my polite and genuine response to your e-mail of 27 August, your intimidatory and bullying conduct have caused me a great deal of worry and stress for which I expect you to compensate me for.

Please be aware that should you not uphold all 4 grounds of my complaint and offer me an appropriate amount in compensation I fully intend to take my complaint to the Legal Ombudsman.

Yours
        Attached Files

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
        You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Comment

Re: WON!!! Bank Smart breach of contract charges!

Bank Smart are now being formally investigated by the Claims Management Regulator. Thanks for your help guys.

https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/details.aspx/4036

Symmetric Systems Ltd is being investigated by the Claims Management Regulator under Regulation 35 of the Compensation (Claims Management Services) Regulations 2006.

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
          You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

INFORMATION

Claims Management Compare CMCs
          Before using a claims management company make sure you DO YOUR RESEARCH. Firms can charge up to 50% of any refund you might be due.

LegalBeagles helps you compare CMCs on price and ratings of claims management companies that offer to help reclaim PPI (Payment Protection Insurance) or other financial products.

If you have a problem with a Claims Management Company you can post on our consumer forum for help in the first instance.

To make a formal complaint you should complain to the CMC in the first instance, and if there has been no resolution within 8 weeks you can take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman.
          See more
          See less

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

make a complaint
          Working...
          X