• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer Clarke

Hi all back in 2001 I got a car on credit and found it wasn't road worthy so contacted trading standards and the finance and they took the car back which I thought it was over
    After a few years I got a letter from a debt collector saying it was in there hand so I explained the situation and I heard no more same thing happened again for so explained again and heard nothing I have now had Mortimer Clarke letters saying Cabot have the debt and in 2007 a charging order was put on my house
    But I have no paperwork for this maybe it was lost in post I don't no
    Were do I go from here 18 yrs on the loan was 6 k and I was paying while I had no car for 16 weeks
    Help needed
    Tags: None

Morning. This must have been quite a suprise !

What does the Mortimer Clarke letter state - is it asking for any action to be taken ?

For Cabot to have obtained a charging order over your property there must have been a county court judgment against you ( so preaction, a claim form, a judgement should have been sent to you) and then an application for the charge, which would have resulted in letters from the Land Registry and further letter from the court regarding a hearing to make the charge final.

It doesn't sound like you had anything.

Did you move house between 2001 and 2006 ? Documents may have gone to an old address. It is likely the claim would have been in 2004/5 as there is usually a gap before enforcement action is taken, and it would have taken a while for the 'debt' to be sold on to Cabot. Are MC saying Cabot bought the debt in 2007 or that 2007 is when they obtained the charge?

Do you know if the charging order is on your current property or an old one ?

Check with the Land Registry - https://eservices.landregistry.gov.u...615.1535888650 to see if there is actually a charge registered.

Oh not a lot of point checking the register of judgments as they fall off after 6 years. Had you had any problems getting credit / mortgage etc between 2004/5 and around 2013 ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi amethyst it wasn't carbot who put the order on it was another company and carbot bought it of them but I had nothing of them either or the courts I've spoke to Mortimer Clarke and asked this question and they said they bought it with it

Comment

Also never had a problem getting credit phones ect

Comment

It's my original house I've had since 2001 but in joint names and wide isn't happy she wasn't told as the car was in my name only

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X