• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hsbc Insurance Premium On Mastercard Statement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hsbc Insurance Premium On Mastercard Statement

That looks fine to me, M. I think it is fine that you have copied others in on this, and you are politely making it clear that there is no point in delaying the matter any longer by playing 'ping-pong' with it, as EVERYBODY now has it in their in-tray !!!

Please see my PM - urgent.

Comment

Hiya

I've deleted the post that had the OP's personal details on it, can you re-post removing the personal stuff first please.

Comment

Hi, Thank you so much, yes i will repost now, thanks again
        M

Comment

Here's the letter i am sending off to HSBC today.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill, Unbelievable!! on Saturday we got a letter from Hsbc 'Thank you for letter dated 3 March' containing Copy of Credit Card Agreement, up to date statement and copy of original credit card application (then Midland)....aand yes it was one of those applications that included Payment Protection Insurance that you had to 'opt out of' yourself at time of application, this was amongst the huge amount of information that sadly alot of people didnt read at the time and unfortunately wasnt iformed about. I really hope that more people will dig into their Credit card history and see that they are entitled to money back.
            Now, what makes me laugh is that it has taken HSBC this long to return the information, shouldve been within the 40 day timescale...grrr getting very impatient now with the lack of cooperation, today I am going to telephone Hsbc and request an update as i havent had a reply to the letter I sent last week, keep you posted.
            M

Comment

Hi M,

This looks like a response to the CCA request, which should have been fully complied with within 10 days. The 40 day period applies to the DSAR, and they are REALLY dragging their heels here, it seems.

BUT - this may be a sign that they know they are on a loser here.

Don't telephone unless you really have to. Put it ALL in writing - and get 'Proof of Posting' Certificates at the very least. I believe we are getting there with this one - and they know that.

"Looking good, Houston..."

Comment

You sure it is an actual copy of a signed agreement, or just a makshift under section 78/79 what it may of looked like, could post copy up here minus any personal details if any on there, as HSBC destroyed CCAs or lost in a so called fire years ago. ????

Also HSBC have regarding SAR request and a 40 day grace alledgedly amended their proceedures to comply with the 40 days grace, according to my letter fron FOS ( they stated that their system has been corrected) to the FOS. It was regards to my case against them where they dragged out sending SAR until after the day (in excess of 40 days) of a court case with them.

Comment

Hi Bill, Took your advice, havent called HSBC. I'm glad you agree with the fact that they are stalling, for a minute I thought I was being too demanding..lol
                  I'll wait and see if we get anything in the post tomorrow.

M

Comment

Hi Bill, hope you are all good. I haven't heard a thing from HSBC, Any ideas what i could write to them??? Really stuck for words, can't understand why they are taking so long. I sent them an e-mail through internet banking asking them to contact us with an update, they repiled saying that somebody will contact us, nothing..argh!!!
                    M

Comment

Those damned 'Secure Messages' are the equivalent of the doctor's disdainful receptionist !!! It looks like they couldn't give a flying fig, and that they are saying, "OK, we're gonna ignore you. NOW what you gonna do ? Who you gonna call.....?? I'll need to refresh my 'goldfish' memory and scan through this again at a better time, if you don't mind. Nudge me if I don't get back soon.

Comment

He He, Bill you made me laugh..but seriously they are taking liberties now I think. Thank you
                        M

Comment

Sincere apologies for the delay, M. From where I'm standing, there are two possible issues here. As Mike pointed out, the copy of the agreement may possibly allow you to formally put the account in dispute - which restricts HSBC from penalising you in many ways. It may even be possible to challenge the enforceability of the agreement by putting HSBC to proof that an enforceable agreement exists. I purloined this from Labman recently, and - for the price of a stamp - it kinda puts them on the spot. Get a Proof of Posting Certificate for it.

" This is a formal request under the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations (CPUTR) 2008.

I require your organisation to provide written confirmation that states clearly whether you currently hold an original signed Consumer Credit Agreement, or whether you do not hold an original signed Consumer Credit Agreement pertaining to myself.

For the avoidance of doubt, an original signed Consumer Credit Agreement is just that; not an application for credit and not a reconstructed or microfiched document from other sources.

Please note that until such times as a legally enforceable, original Consumer Credit Agreement can be produced and a copy sent to me by return, then this letter is not an acknowledgement of debt.

Please also note that failure to provide a direct answer to this request will be brought before the court, should you decide to defy the content of this letter and instruct solicitors to pursue enforcement action regardless.

Yours faithfully "

But - we may now have to tell them that - "unless they comply with the FSA guidelines and provide a clear explanation as to how the offer was calculated, they have not made a compliant offer, and the claim will be referred to the FOS within 14 days. This will entail further expense and inconvenience, and their conduct thus far will be brought to the FOS's attention. This may well result in further compensation being ordered, and the claimant's estimation of PPI being adopted by the FOS in the absence of any estimated figures having been provided by HSBC - despite the claimant's repeated requests."

Something along those lines, perhaps...

Comment

Hi Bill, Sorry I haven't come back...I have just been contacted by HSBC via telephone, asking what my queries via internet banking was?? haha...anyway basically I explained that I would like to know if the offer of redress is full and final and they are dismissing the period 1990-2005, she said that under the DPA HSBC are not obliged to keep any information (Statements) for longer than 6 years...(same old same old) she then slipped up and said I can see on the system that the Insurance premiums started in Jan 2000, my reply 'Well, I have in my hand a screen print of Insurance products, obviously sent to me in error clearly showing that the policy start date 17/8/1990' Oh well as i said we cant go back no further than 6 years...blah blah...GRRR

FRUSTRATED not the word, I have spoken with FO, and they told me HSBC can go back to 1990, it's just a case of pushing them.

ALL ADVICE AND OPINIONS WELCOME ASAP as I have to talk to either HSBC or FO in the next 30 mins

Thank you
                            M

Comment

Sorry I didn't get back to you in time, M. This is where we need written words, as opposed to spoken. Unless you have a recording of the phone convo, they can deny everything. I do believe that the banks are all constantly flouting the DPA by pretending that they have destroyed all data which is over 6 years old, but our problem is in proving that the data still exists in their archives. I always try and get them to clearly confirm that they hold no further data when I send a DSAR. If we have data of our own, we can then try and draw them out by challenging them - perhaps with an inaccurate estimate of reclaim 'quantum,' for instance. If they then 'break cover' by coming up with the data to disprove our claim, they have breached the DPA by non-compliance with a s.77-79 request.

Comment

Hey im new here and its because of this post i found this website. I'm pretty much at where you started at with my mothers credit card. We were watching a program on ppi and other things and she mentioned her credit card so thought might aswel have a look, when i did it was the same thing 'insurance premium-79p per £100 balance...when i asked her about she hadn't got a clue what it was...this didn't seem right to me so got on google and this feed popped up lol just not sure what to do and where to start?! i'm not very good with forms and things like that (they tend to confuse the heck out of me)

would be extremely grateful for any advice

thanks
                                gem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X