• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sapphire v Cap Quest (Littlewoods Catalogue)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sapphire v Cap Quest (Littlewoods Catalogue)

In a moment of madness a few years ago, I got involved with Littlewoods Catalogue. When things started to go bad for us this is one of the debts that I didn't pay.
    Since then its been bought by Cap Quest I know that because they have offered me a 50% settlement offer.

On 17 Aug 2007 I sent a CCA request and havn't had anything back from them, apart from repeated requests for payment.

Stupidly I made arrangements to pay them £20 month since then (I had misplaced the paperwork for this debt whilst clearing a room ready for decoration).

Question: Because I have since made arrangement to pay does this make the CCA request invalid, or can I proceed and send the the 'you failed to produce the CCA paperwork so get knotted letter'.

I would appreciate someones thoughts on this, anyone ? As I am pretty confident with CCA but this time I just need a second opinion.

Re: Sapphire v Cap Quest (Littlewoods Catalogue)

Sappy I would check this out, but I am sure I read somewhere that when you receive and accept the good that is the contract between you and the catalogue. So if this is the case there will be no written CCA as such. It should tell you in the T&C's. Maybe wrong about this but i didn't make it up, if you know what i mean.

Comment

As far as I know you have every right to ask for the correct paperwork, regardless of whether you are/have been paying them or not. I was paying Lowells in 2006 before I CCA'd them, paperwork which they should have to legally collect the debt. They couldn't supply it so I stopped paying them. I haven't paid them a penny since. They have threatened me with court numerous times but have now given up and passed the debt to someone else.
      Enaid is right as in catalogues don't normally go along the route of a signed agreement but sometimes that depends on when/how it was taken out. I read alot of threads OTR where catalogues argued that receiving goods was as good as an agreement. Have you been charged any interest or late payment fee's?
      You can't scare me, I have children.

Comment

Hi Sapphire,

I am in the process of claiming back charges and PPI payments from Littlewoods,they do like to take their time,I had no signed credit agreement with them.

I know lately they have been asking new customers to sign the agreements before they send out goods.

I had never asked for PPI they just added it on I didn't find out until June 2007 when they sent out the policy details had been shopping with them since 2005 as I never had the chance to read the policy and cancel within 30 days they have refunded all PPI payments,without too much hassle.Just waiting for the decision on the charges,that will clear the balance and some left over for me.
        Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Thanks for that guys, I feel better now and will proceed with the 'you didn't produce the documents so get knotted letter' now.

Funny how although you know the answer yourself, thats its always nice to get another point of view, and I always find its harder sorting out stuff when its you're own. When its other peoples somehow its easy to be objective isn't it.

Sorry ignore me and my musings I am rambling on now to myself.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
            Funny how although you know the answer yourself, thats its always nice to get another point of view, and I always find its harder sorting out stuff when its you're own. When its other peoples somehow its easy to be objective isn't it.
            I totally agree, I have very often felt like that!
            Good luck
            You can't scare me, I have children.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X