• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

K&co Advice on 10K Kandco Debt now passed to Lowells.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice on 10K K&co Debt now passed to Lowells.

hi I've received a letter from Lowell just now, it reads; We have requested a copy of your credit agreement from your original lender. We will do our very best to send you the information you asked for within 12 working days, but this does depend on when your original lender can send it. We will let you know if we do not hear from them in time.

well I know they wont get one so wonder what they will write next. will let you know when I receive more correspondence. Many thanks Von.

Comment

Originally posted by vonny1 View Post
      hi I've received a letter from Lowell just now, it reads; We have requested a copy of your credit agreement from your original lender. We will do our very best to send you the information you asked for within 12 working days, but this does depend on when your original lender can send it. We will let you know if we do not hear from them in time.

well I know they wont get one so wonder what they will write next. will let you know when I receive more correspondence. Many thanks Von.
      That's standard DCA response to a CCA request: they buy debts without any paperwork and have to go back to the OC to request the documents. With a bit of luck, they may leave you alone for a while.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate it. Hopefully until after Xmas hey, then the fun can start again! If the 12 day's do pass do I still send them account in dispute letter??, thank you, Von. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate it. Hopefully until after Xmas hey, then the fun can start again! If the 12 day's do pass do I still send them account in dispute letter??, thank you, Von. :tinysmile_twink_t2:
          No, the account in dispute letter should be saved for when someone contacts you again over this account, while they are still in default of your CCA request, or when they have sent something that's not compliant. :thumb:

If you don't hear from anyone, it's best to let them snooze away until someone contacts you. It buys you time. :clock:

Comment

Thanks will do. X:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Hi all received my SAR info from Shop Direct. Unfortunately it did not contain any copies of correspondence between me and them, just a pile of printed A4 sheets of paper filled with jargon most of which I couldnt make head nor tail of!!. Nothing from Lowells as yet, the deadline was yesterday. Mant thanks Von x

Comment

Hi all received my SAR info from Shop Direct. Unfortunately it did not contain any copies of correspondence between me and them, just a pile of printed A4 sheets of paper filled with jargon most of which I couldnt make head nor tail of!!.
                Can you please refresh my memory with regards to what it was you were looking for when you sent them the SAR?
                Nothing from Lowells as yet, the deadline was yesterday. Mant thanks Von x
                That's to be expected, they'll have to go back to Shop Direct to ask for documents.

Comment

I'd received a letter from shop direct in the past stating that although the debt was unenforceable they still wanted there money ( after I'd sent CCA request and they couldn't come up with one). I was hoping a copy of that letter would of come back as I'd thrown the original away. I have just received another letter from Lowell stating that they are still waiting for shop direct to send them my CCA as they have got to dig into their archives to locate it. Shop direct know they haven't got one so why have Lowell sent that?. Should I still hang on before sending account in dispute letter?? Many thanks, Von.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump!!! X

Comment

I'd received a letter from shop direct in the past stating that although the debt was unenforceable they still wanted there money ( after I'd sent CCA request and they couldn't come up with one). I was hoping a copy of that letter would of come back as I'd thrown the original away. I have just received another letter from Lowell stating that they are still waiting for shop direct to send them my CCA as they have got to dig into their archives to locate it. Shop direct know they haven't got one so why have Lowell sent that?. Should I still hang on before sending account in dispute letter?? Many thanks, Von.
                        If all they're saying is that they are waiting for the documents from Shop Direct, then yes, you should definitely hang on. They are aware of your CCA request, they are not making legal threats, there's no reason to send the account in dispute letter at this stage. If they send something else, do post up and we'll take it from there. :typing:

Comment

Hi all received my SAR info from Shop Direct. Unfortunately it did not contain any copies of correspondence between them and me; it was just a pile of printed A4 sheets of paper filled with jargon, most of which I could make neither head nor tail.
                          I've fixed your post for you. :nerd:

If they sent gobbledegook or gibberish, then they plainly have not complied with your request as the law states (link) that the data must be in an intelligible form.

Comment

I'd received a letter from shop direct in the past stating that although the debt was unenforceable they still wanted there money ( after I'd sent CCA request and they couldn't come up with one). I was hoping a copy of that letter would of come back as I'd thrown the original away. I have just received another letter from Lowell stating that they are still waiting for shop direct to send them my CCA as they have got to dig into their archives to locate it. Shop direct know they haven't got one so why have Lowell sent that?
                            Relax - it's just their usual stercus bovi.

Comment

Thanks so much for the advice it helps to stop me worrying so much, I'll post up whatever I receive next x

Comment

Are you writing to Shop Direct Financial Services Limited or Shop Direct Finance Company Limited?
                                Which one is Lowell using?
                                Do your K&Co statements, like mine, have on the reverse side, near the bottom
                                Shop Direct Financial Services Limited has assigned and transferred your K&Co accounts(s) including the outstanding balance and its rights in relation to the
                                account(s), to Shop Direct Finance Company Limited ("SDFC"). SDFC will now provide your K&Co account(s).

As only Shop Direct Finance Company Limited has the trading name K&Co on it's credit license, they should be the one you are dealing with.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X