• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rossendales...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rossendales...

have levied my car and claim it is valid, even after I have provided them with the necessary docs to prove otherwise! My wife is the sole name on the Council Tax liability order. They claim that because I am married, the law considers all my goods jointly owned therefore a levy on my car is valid???

Is this accurate within statute and case law?

Thanks!!!

Re: Rossendales...

Your wife cannot to held liable for your debts & once you established the car was not your property they should have left it alone

I suggest you contact Sheila at Bailiff advice,bailiffs,parking charges,bailiff fees,congestion charges,fines,anpr,csa,council tax She has considerable experience of this outfit none of good I might add

Comment

Council tax debts are known as jointly and severally liable debts and that can mean a husband and wife, co-habitors or two or more people living together at the same property will be responsible for the payment of the council tax whether or not their name appears on the council tax bill.

That said, you have said that only your wife is named on the Liability Order.

Have you seen the Liability Order or are you guessing that it is only in your wife's name because your name does not appear on the council tax bill?

Comment

Checked with council and Liability order only in wife's name.

They are certain the law consider my car to be "jointly owned". Has this ever been brought up in court? Does the Council Tax regs mention anything about levying a spouse's goods?

Thanks BTW!

Comment

The bailiff can only levy on the property of the person named on the Liability Order.

Does you car have any finance agreements on it?

Comment

No HP. Purchased outright.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X