• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received: Notice of Issue of Warrant of Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received: Notice of Issue of Warrant of Control

I have received today in the post a 'Notice of Issue of Warrant of Control' for my attention.

It states (approximately):

Total to Pay: £200 (inc fees) on this warrant
    Balance Outstanding: £1000

The claimant is Lowell and I think I know what it is from but not entirely sure as Lowell have bought quite a few of my old debts and the amount doesn't match up with the CCJ that I am aware of.

I'd just like to know what my options are essentially, as they've given me just 7 days to respond or bailiffs could come and seize my goods or property.

Included with the form is a little slip from the court with Lowell's details on (address and phone). Would it be best that I ring them to find out what it is for? I am loathed to do this really.

Can they only issue this notice if they already have a CCJ? I have two CCJs and this amount is slightly lower.

Any help, very much appreciated!
    Tags: None

Yes to have a warrant of control they must have a CCJ in place, so I think I would check with the court firstly - or is the claim number not on the letter to check against the ones you know about ?

If it is one you know about then you'll need to apply to suspend the warrant and organise monthly installments - https://www.gov.uk/government/public...on-of-an-order

If it's something you didn't already know about and you didn't receive the court documents you might want to look at applying to suspend the warrant and set aside the judgment so you can defend the claim ( or settle it ).
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ah, thanks very much for your reply.

I actually did a bit more digging after posting and have found that the reference does indeed match up with the CCJ I had in mind. Not sure why the amount is slightly different but that's not a huge issue.

Do you think it is worth trying to negotiate installments or a full and final - or at this point will they just want the full amount? My situation is just about okay financially now, but it would be helpful if I could pay it off, rather than put it on a high-interest credit card.

Comment

You could apply to the court to pay by instalment if after speaking to them the judgment holder won't accept an affordable monthly offer directly.... it's unlikely they'd accept payment by credit card as a settlement ( rules about not forcing you into further debt ).
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Ok thank you, I will give it a try. Just concerned that time is not on my side.

Actually, the court documents say that credit card is fine...

Comment

On the Notice of Issue of Warrant of Control form?

This bit?
            2018-09-19 10_30_38-Start.png
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I think that's only if you're physically going to the court.

It came with a 'how to pay' page as well which lists what you can use and the number to call etc.

I'm wondering - is there any danger to give Lowell a call directly to try and arrange a payment plan?

Comment

Nope, that's what I'd recommend you do first. Just ensure anything agreed is confirmed in writing.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks very much, I will try that.

Comment

How did you get on with Lowell ?

Also, would you be able to upload a copy of the notice of issue of the warrant that you received please. There's a few of these seem to have been issued in the last week and appear to have errors of amounts and dates on them, overwritten and court stamped. Very odd. If yours looks fine that's okay. Also, was it actually a round £200 (inc fees) or £179.25 ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X