• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Delay in fixing car under Warranty.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in fixing car under Warranty.

Hi

Brand new Car purchased in October 2014, Peugeot convertible on a hire. Being convertible was the main reason for getting the new car.

Last September 2016, the car had a fault, and the roof was not opening. The car went in for service, and the dealership was told of the fault. They returned the car and said they need to contact warranty and will get back to me as they believe that it may not be under warranty.

After regular chase up no response was forthcoming, so made a complaint to Peugeot Care. The dealership finally got back to us and took the car last week Thursday to inspect the vehicle again. They said they would hold for one day, then two days. Today they called that the car is fixed and that they convinced the warranty people.... He also wanted a rating of 9 - 10 for the service. The car will be dropped off to me tomorrow.

What are my rights? Can I terminate the hire purchase because the car was not fit for purpose and get compensation for the delay in getting my car fixed?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Delay in fixing car under Warranty.

Hi and welcome.
    I regret but IMO the car was not unfit for purpose, although it may not be of satisfactory quality.
    After 2 years it developed a fault.
    The trader is entitled to attempt a repair.
    This they did, albeit after a little pressure.
    If the repair is not satisfactory, and you can show the fault is not due to wear & tear but was present at the time of purchase you could possibly reject.

As it was bought on HP the finance provider rather than the dealer is liable.
    If you were to reject the vehicle, and it was accepted, the financiers could make deductions for usage

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X