• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Harassment...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harassment...

Hi Members and followers. Every time i go and visit my Dentist, i receive a letter from NHS Dental Services, also known as Becs demanding money for my treatment.. Unfortunately i am on benefits and when you are on benefits there is a box that you need to tick. I always tick the box that reads Universal credit, Becs on four occasions have said that i have tried to receive free treatment and i have deliberately ticked the wrong box. (Not sure why I need to do that when I get free treatment) The letter comes as a penalty charge notice,they want you to pay for the treatment plus their charge of £100. I have to send them details of my situation , if i don't they are threatening to take money from my benefits and this is very worrying. If they are allowed to take money even though i can prove that i have done no wrong it would take ages to get back my money and all kinds of problems would occur during that time. Can they take money from my benefits. I am really getting peed off with them constantly sending me these notices. I hope i have been clear, please help clear my mind of this, i have lots of other things to worrie about. Thank you...
    Tags: None

What happens when you respond to them after receiving these notices ? What box are they telling you you should have ticked instead of UC ?

Info on Universal Credit and health costs here https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/hel...versal-credit/

Seems it is a known problem https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...scription-fine

They don't seem to do NHS exemption certificates for people on Universal Credit yet, only tax credits.
    Maybe take your Universal Credit Award Letter with you to the Dentist so they can keep a copy.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I have showed Becs proof that i am receiving Universal Credit on four occasions. Even when i visited CAB,they were in the wrong blatantly, they did not respond to the CAB nand i never heard anything again.So rude. My Dentist are aware that i am receiving benefits. Thank you for responding.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X