• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group (UK) Limited vs Makovere

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much for your help. I have made the amendments and submitted online. I will now wait to hear their response.

Comment

After Court Claim submission on the 16th of Septmber, I received a letter from Northapmton County Court dated 17th September advising me they had sent my defence to the Claimant. It read in part, " Where he (Claimant) wishes to proceed, the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of your defence". Yesterday I received a letter from PRA Group dated 25th Sepetember. It reads, "We write futher to the above and confirm receipt of your defence. We have written to the Court and wish to inform you that we intent to proceed with our Claim". I had written to Lloyds asking for information on My Personnel File they hold and Copies of statements (between 2010 and 2017). They sent me statments until December 2013. They also sent a spreadsheet with balances from then until now. I last made a payment to Halifax in December 2013 according to the statements. However, there are no forms or letters provided in the documents from the bank. On the 31st of August 2018 I sent a CCA and CPR to Claimant. They did not send me anything other than aknowledgement of receipt. I am not sure what to do from here. Please advise! Many thanks

Comment

Next you will receive a Directions Questionnaire from the Court which you should complete and return.

So you have had the information back on the Subject Access Request from Lloyds, but nothing back from the Claimant at all ( so no agreement etc)

The stuff from Lloyds, does it show the date of default or anything? It seems to have first been sold in April 2014 ( to Activ ), so only 4 months after your last payment was made. However the POC says the account defaulted 12/06/2012 with a balance of £5936.52.... but you were making payments until December 2013 and the assignment balance was also £5936.52.... can you see what payments were made between 12/06/2012 and 24/06/2014 ? ( to calculate what the assigned amount should have been )

Their claim is for £5741.52 - and they mention payments of £75 and an adjustment of £10 - but there is a difference of £195 between the alleged assigned balance in April 2014 and the claimed amount.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you, for the help. I am waiting for the Court Questionaire. True I didn't receive any agreement from PRA Group. No default letters were received either. From the records, the last payment of £158.05 was made to LLyods on the 2/04/2012. There was no payment made in May and June. In July 2012 Wescot Credit sent a letter and said they were now managing the account. That was followed by a phone call. They asked me to pay £5.00 per month from July 2012 onwards. The first payment was taken on the 5th of July 2012. This continued until 06/08/2015. From early 2015 I received letters from PRA Group claiming ownership of the rights to manage the debt. At the same time, I was paying £5.00 per month to Wescot Credit. These letters continued for a while. I then received a phone call from PRA Group and I told them I had no idea who they were. I told them I was paying £5.00 to Wescot every month. The person asked me to stop the payments to Wescot and pay them instead. I was confused and told them no. I decided to stop all payments and deal with the Lloyds instead until I receive official letters from Lloyds. I never received a letter from Lloyds of transfer of debt. I stopped the direct debits and that's how things ended with that company.
          Last edited by Makovere; 15th October 2018, 21:32:PM.

Comment

I received a Directions Questionnaire from the Court. I must, by 22 October 2018 complete Small Claims Directions Questionnaire (Form N180) and file it with the court office. Will you please advise on the way foward. I want to send the form back by Wednesday 17th October. I didn't receive any documents from PRA Group. No Assignment Letters, No Agreement and Default Letters. What should I do? Many thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X