• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds Rip-Off Authorised Overdraft Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds Rip-Off Authorised Overdraft Fees

Hello everyone.
    I have been with Lloyds Bank all my life and for something like 20 years have had a packaged account, charging £25 per month, including free overdraft of £500. In addition, I have enjoyed a generous authorised overdraft limit of £9,800, which has been useful at times and especially, I must admit, in the last few years. Both these were put in place by the bank. I don't recall any request or discussion, although I always had an overdraft limit at some level. Last November, when Lloyds introduced their new charges, they charged fees at half rate to begin with. I took action to reduce my overdraft and then in February, after a few days notice, Lloyds started charging at the full rate. The daily deductions from my account I found unaffordable and very depressing. Altogether, from November to March, it amounted to over £400. What a way to treat a customer - plundering their account.
    I sold securities from my ISA; something that ought to have been unthinkable, and paid off the overdraft. It will be very hard to stay in credit permanently, after being so used to the available borrowing to smooth cashflow, but I'll try. As I realised use of the full overdraft would entail intolerable charges of over £13 a day, I reduced my overdraft limit online to £5,000, but even that, I do not wish to use.
    Lloyds charges equate to an APR exceeding 50 (some say 60) percent, yet they boast of a "simple charge". Why is a bank allowed by the Regulator to get away with not quoting a rate of interest? Surely this is unfair to consumers? Lloyds has actually made the regime for authorised overdrafts more harsh than that for unauthorised overdrafts, where the Regulator forced them to eliminate charges, though they presumably still reverse DDs and refuse payments.
    I am going to make a formal complaint to Lloyds, although their record in dealing with complaints is poor, to say the least.Will it make any difference?
    Tags: None

wait for their final reply and then look to complaints to regulator etc by then maybe they can be inundated with complaints about lloyds etc???? regulator tends to be useless on individual cases??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X