• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gardening Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gardening Thread

It will die in the UK winter, keep it in a pot so you can bring it in in October.

I am knackered I have spent the entire day hauling tons of garden waste to the dump, I filled 6 one tonne bags.

But at long last the garden is finally finally 100% cleared woohoo
    When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Oooh well done Mocha. Sounds like very hard graft.

The weather was beautiful here so I planted my Amelanchier tree on the front lawn. It's a beautiful smallish tree that has interest year round.

BBC - Gardening - Plants - Plant Finder - Amelanchier lamarckii

Autumn Leaves

Spring Blossom
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Ohhhh I am paying for it today! lots of deep heat and very little movement lol
        That is a really cool tree, I've not seen them before. I have just brought a lovely Japenese Maple I love the colour and the shapes of the leaves.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

This is a beautiful shrub.
          Actinidia kolomikta
          Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Has the frost finished now?
            Can I start my Morning Glories outside?
            Also, Sunflowers and Sweetpeas?
            Pk - are you growing you giant Sunflowers again?
            Sally xx
            P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
            life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
            Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

what area do you live in?

do the frost thing on this website First and last frost dates for towns and cities in the UK and USA
              Last edited by Mochamoos; 25th April 2008, 19:44:PM.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

I know I keep saying Ive finished and thegarden is cleared but its so bumpy so....

I thought I would take advantage of my few days off and have hired a rotavator and lawn roller he he he that will get rid of the bumps

Paulo Coelho

Comment

I thought I would take advantage of my few days off and have hired a rotavator and lawn roller he he he that will get rid of the bumps [/quote]

Do you think it will work on my bumps?
                  Bearing in my I have a very low pain threshold

Comment

The Garden this morning, after months and months of clearing! The garden this afternoon after 4 hours with my new toys xxx Oh and I found more rubble what a suprise!

post 92 is the over grown bind weed hell that I Initially started with, the garden was so over grwon you could only see half the garden.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

wow, you have been really busy, well done, have you decide what to do with it now, whatever it is,it's going to be much nicer than what you started with.
                      Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Yes you have done really well! We have been trying to tame our jungle today and am aching all over. We have an old ( very old ) swimming pool that was not shut down over the winter properly an now is in a very sorry state - complete with frogs! We spent hours trying to catch them and put them in the pond before we put chemicals in.

I have a question - we have an old apple tree - where the apples are not eaters or cookers and they just seem to end up in a mush on the garden. I wonder if they may be cider apples or something. We really want to remove it as it seems diseased as well. should I feel guilty about cutting it down - we could plant another apple tree in another part of the garden.Maybe something smaller.Also we have a pear tree which we want to keep - ar we to late to give it a good prune back?
                        "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

I found some frogs and toads at the end of the garden so I will build them a pond in the morning, hoping they will stick around and eat all the slugs and snails!

Has the pear tree started growing yet? They should really be pruned in their dormant state early spring is usually best.

If the apple tree is diseased I would take it down and burn it so none of the other trees get infected.

Ive been in the garden most the day again today and I really really ache! I have my area's set out so in the morning wil buy silver edging (not sure where from) then edge my circles, build the beds and plant the few plants that have arrived and hopefully lay the stones and sort out my veg patch.....the rain better hold off

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Yes the pear tree is quite old and has started blooming already . The problem is we are renovating the inside and can not cope with the garden as well. its all a bit overwelming. In one corner there is a big bramble bush and last year I tred to get rid of it. Unfortunately a swarm of something flew out ( I did not hang around to find out what) and I ended up running away down the garden fast fast speed! never to return. We have plans but like every one else a shortage of funds and time and it can easily run out of control. We have lots of butterflies here as we are on the edge of an organic farm so I want to put some plants it to attract them to replace what we had to take out when we rebuilt part of the boundry.
                            "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

Comment

I LOVE butterflies.... lavender, lobelia, stockes, mint, forget me nots, lilacs, sweet williams, marigolds and daisies butterflies are attracted to all of them.

I buy most of my plants at local markets noramlaly works out cheaper than garden centers, or I got for the online deals, thompson and morgan have a few good deals and so does the gaurdian garden center. Or buy some wild flower seeds and just let them go nuts untill you get round to the garden !

This year I am going hell for leather on the garden as I can not afford to do the house - opposite of you xxx

I have blisters on my hands and just had a flaming row with my partner as he thinks he has done all the work in the garden ... typical! lol well I will be out again int he morning and hopefully all hard landscaping will be done by the end of the day...

Paulo Coelho

Comment

I get a lot of my plants from boot sales - which will start in earnest very soon!

thanks for the list of plants.

I nearly had a row with MOH as well because last year we spent hours weeding and getting the borders sorted but did not get Weed control down - now we have to sort it out all over again! I can cope with lots of pots - but not borders .

at our last house the garden was low maintainance and we could just about cope with it.

I think with the price of food we will lall be going back to vegetable gardening soon!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X