• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Plumber from hell, please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumber from hell, please help!

Hello all, help required please! I asked a plumber to fix an issue with my heating. I text him describing the problem (I have the texts still) which was that my heating would only come on when my hot water was on.

he came to look and said it could be the heating control panel, so he changed this.......still not fixed. Then he looked in the immersion cupboard and said it could be a valve which would cost £150 inc labour to fit. I said ok and he fitted one.......still not fixed!

then he said my pump was old and that he thought this was the issue, so I bought a pump and he fitted it.....still no fix, months later!

i text him saying thanks for trying but seeing as he couldn't diagnose the issue and had been given many opportunities, I'd like to ask someone else to look. He said thanks for letting him try and sorry he couldn't fix it......then slapped me with a £150 bill for the valve and labour, claiming he wouldn't charge for the other works (he took the control panel back so didn't pay for it) out of good will.

baring in mind I am now no nearer to having my original problem fixed, but have a valve and a pump that I probably didn't need, should I have to pay him???? As a professional plumber, is he right to charge me for works that have not fixed my problem???

any advice appreciated, many thanks.

Jon
    Last edited by enaid; 8th January 2014, 04:55:AM. Reason: surname and email addy removed
    Tags: None

Re: Plumber from hell, please help!

Jon you've posted this up across the forum on different parts of it and have included your name and email address which I have made admin aware.

First things first, have some PATIENCE since you do not get immediate advice on the forum but you will get advice. Not sure if you've been on internet based forums but at the moment changing the title of a post and repeating the same thing using copy and paste does not enhance your chances of a response but rather creates renewed work for admin having to tie the threads together.

Now that bit of advice unrelated to the topic has been given, I'll let others help you with the problem at hand.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I have never used forums, apologies, figured more coverage would help encourage more replies. I'll sit tight and wait! Many thanks.......

Comment

Originally posted by Jon1jon View Post
        I have never used forums, apologies, figured more coverage would help encourage more replies. I'll sit tight and wait! Many thanks.......
        Underneath your post on the forum there is a button called "edit post" so please can you take your email out and name so that you remain as most of us are on here.....annonymous

And....a warm welcome to the forum.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Out of interest, what difference does anonymity make???

Comment

Sorry that must have been 4 different threads. I replied on one of the others.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X