• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Britishpassportservices.co.uk 202 pounds suing case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britishpassportservices.co.uk 202 pounds suing case

Last edited by BillieJ; 13th March 2015, 22:32:PM.

Re: Britishpassportservices.co.uk 202 pounds suing case

Hi BillieJ

The first thing to do is read this http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...455#post522455

Can you tell us what happened?

Comment

Hi Billie, welcome to the forum. Firstly you are not alone, there's currently 30 odd other people who are defending county court claims from BPS.

He is using the law, but using it to mislead and intimidate and harass victims into making payments to him. The law is there for your protection and we strongly believe that used right it will protect you.

Can you tell us a bit more about your case, what arguments you currently have, how he is harassing you, and so on. What evidence do you feel you need ?

Have a read of some other's stories in the main UK services & Support thread http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ues-DISCUSSION and email to me a copy of the claim form you have received ( admin@legalbeagles.info )

We'll help all we can.

Sharon
      xx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by BillieJ View Post
        I am currently being sued by britishpassportservices.co.uk for 202 pounds - i am so angry as this scammer is using the LAW, when the LAW should be helping innocent people like us
        i dont know whether to pay to just get him to leave me alone, or go court - but is it worth the hassle? i dont know how I'm going to defend myself as I dont have evidence to prove my claim, and also would i need a lawyer?
        Unfortunately he will carry on until he starts to lose in court.... You need to defend, you will see the lie of the land as others will challenge him in court before yours gets there... Hopefully when he gets a few judgements go against him he will vanish

Comment

I really do want to defend, but dont know how I'm going to do this, and dont know if i have evidence - i dont know how I'm going to prove that his actually in breach of his contract for not booking me an appointment!

Comment

Your defence won't be so much that he breached the contract, rather it'll be that there was no valid contract struck in the first place.

What is the date they claim they booked an appointment for you and do you know if they booked it?

Comment

When was your appointment not booked for ?

If it was after September 2014 you could telephone the passport office (the real one ) on 0300 222 0000 and explain to them and ask if they can check if an appt was booked and could they send you something in writing or email etc so you can show the court.

If it was before Sept ( or the PO won't help ) then don't worry there are MORE than enough issues to bring up to defend against the claim.

Can you try start from the beginning a bit - you went on the site, filled in the form.... got to the payment page ? then what....

Try not to panic there are LOTS of people in exactly the same boat xxx
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by BillieJ View Post
                I really do want to defend, but dont know how I'm going to do this, and dont know if i have evidence - i dont know how I'm going to prove that his actually in breach of his contract for not booking me an appointment!
                You just follow the yellow brick road so as to speak... Sharon will hold your hand on this so just join the conga! :tongue2:

Comment

A for our laws... Well there was a notable case just after the 1st World War... A German had received royalties off the German Government for every British Soldier killed using a new design of bullet.... So seeing how it was more efficient the Brits ripped off the design and turned it back on the Germans... Then after the war the inventor actually came across to Britain and successfully put in a claim for Breach of Patent and claimed a bounty on every German killed too!
                  Such are our laws.......:tongue2:

Comment

☺️☺️☺️☺️
                    Last edited by BillieJ; 12th March 2015, 13:29:PM.

Comment

Thanks Billie, I don't think you'll have any trouble at all defending this

When about did all this happen ?

Do you recall how you tried to cancel originally - email / phone / text etc ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

It was by phone, I had to press 1 and wait an hour for a text to confirm its been cancelled and it didn't cancel

Comment

Excellent.

Would you have that in your history on your phone ? or on your phone bill at all ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

all my calls from my phone from july have been deleted

Comment

That's okay your witness statement that that is what you did will be plenty

Would you be able to take a picture of the claim for and email it to me, then I can get a thread set up for you to start getting your defence together xx
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X