• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RCI Financial services car loan default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCI Financial services car loan default

I know Enaid thanks.

Just don't think they have been very fair with her at all,she has tried.

To be honest she just feels like giving up, what with every thing else that is going on here.

She has paid over half of the car, going to still look into getting the charges back if possible, they can't even send a statement to her.
    Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Has she done a decent Income and Expenditure form ?

I agree she had to do whats best for her at the time and really defending and fighting can be a stress and take it out of you, and theres different priorities to consider.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Ame,

Yes we used the Income and Expenditure from here.

She will be paying (if they accept that is ) just the same payment as before, so hopefully they will agree to that.
        Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Update,

They have refused the time to pay and she now has to go to court Friday the 2nd May.

Any suggestions on what might happen now.

Comment

Can I just clarify some things

You were paying X amount
            You did I/E sheet and sent it to them, offering to continue paying X amount
            They now reject X amount.

How tight was the figure of X amount on your I/E sheet?
            ie did you have a surplus or not?

PKea

Comment

Hi Pkea,

There was some surplus on the I/E sheet will that be the reason they have objected the offer?

Not thinking straight just now should have done a better I/E sheet so that there was no surplus.

I have probably messed it up for her.

Will they just ask her to pay more?

Comment

Oh well she had court this morning,just wish I had been able to go with her.

She has an open decree ???? she has to contact RFS/RCI to come to an agreement.

She has tried this already but they wouldn't listen.

Going to do another I/E sheet as circumstances will all be different when we move.

Not sure who but it was suggested she should pay £400 per month or to have it paid in 12/18 months.

Any thoughts on this.

Comment

Any way she can afford £400 a month?

When you are awarded open Decree it is enforceable immediately (much same as forthwith in england)
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

No way she can afford that.

That was what the company want her to pay.

Would it be easier to hand the car back ?

Comment

Well that depends on the contract - and i'm not sure how its affected by having judgement against.

Maybe drop baked a pm again hun he's much more up on these things than I am. Sometimes if you hand the car back you are still left with a stupidly big debt.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

That's what I was afraid of Ame, and was trying to avoid she really needs her car,she has two jobs and we are about 37 miles from her place of work,and public transport out here is a joke.

I will get in touch with Baked again, he did have a look at it again before it went to court,he thought we could fight it but would have needed to get legal help we just can't afford it at the moment, and she wouldn't qualify for legal aid.

Comment

She said the guy in front of her was asked to pay £800 per month he couldn't either so he got the same open decree, get in touch with creditor and come to an agreement.

They were not there to negociate repayments, what a waste of court time.

Comment

Update,

Don't know what to do now, the car is off the road again this car has spent more time being sorted than on the road.

Reg 02 bought 04 problems with head gasket after a few days of purchasing, they sorted it.

In the past year new head gasket fitted, new radiator then a new engine put in.

Now the gear box and the clutch has gone

Comment

Finally got letter back from ICO they are snowed under, bit too late now tho.

Comment

Had the Sheriff Officers here yesterday, the guy must be about 7feet tall, but to be honest they were very nice.......did I just say that.

They are coming back today with a tow truck to pick the car up.

I have kind of given up on this one as she has made no effort........so she will have to learn the hard way.

I have explained to her that there will be costs to be added they will auction the car which they wont get much for and she will probably end up owing more that what she does now. All fell on deaf ears so there is not much else I can do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X