• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

voluntary termination Mini

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voluntary termination Mini

Afternoon - VT my mini 3/5/18 - did not hear from car pick up company til 10/5/18 and they planned to inspect car on 18/5 and collect on 25/5 - took day off work and no one came at all on 18/5 - did not hear anything from them all day and when I called mini later in day to see what had happened the offices were closed.
    Eventually was called again 7/6 asking for me to contact them and organise collection. I am away on holiday til end of June and they have now organised collection on 2/7 - my MOT will now have run out by then so am in a quandary should I stump up and get a new one ( which was reason for VT at beginning of May to avoid this bill) - or fight with them against reason for not paying this. They state no apt was made for 18/5 and I did not get and written confirmation. I am in Scotland.
    Tags: None

Ps just to say had confirmation back from Mini on 3/5 of receipt of my VT paperwork. 16 days prior to MOT requirement !

Comment

Any advice please

Comment

Hhhheeeeelllllppppp

Comment

rob Morning am tagging you hoping you can give me some advice

Comment

rob tagging you as advised

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/member.php?u=71570

Comment

Morning,

You have used the wrong tag by the way, my username has a zero in it not the letter so anything you tag. Also, I can see you posted 4 times in the space of a few minutes - that usually isn't going to make me nor anyone else respond to you any faster.

If Mini didn't bother to collect the car as planned then thats their fault not yours. Have you informed them that the MOT runs out soon? If not, then you should point that out to them and have it in writing. Telephone calls are no use to anyone if there is no evidence of the call.

The choice is yours as to whether you want to pay for the MOT or not but if you do, and something is wrong with the car I would be sure that Mini will look to you to recover that cost although I don't think they have a leg to stand on if you terminated last month and they just didn't do their job, but if you were driving it in the meantime without their permission they may have a case to claw back some of the money. That's a decision for a court to make though.
                If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

R0b . I posted so many times in error and couldn’t work out how to delete. Sorry.
                  Much appreciated advice.Thanks again.

Comment

Ps haven’t driven car since VT thankfully

Comment

R0b so thanks for above advice. Have not driven car since VT. BCA due to come and collect vehicle tomorrow. I have not MOT’d car and have emailed mini to inform them
                      of same and am not going to sign any paperwork tomorrow and will follow up with threat to sell vehicle if they refuse to collect within 7 days as am concerned BCA will not collect as no MOT. Is this right course of action ? Thanks

Comment

If Mini haven't agreed to what they said they would in terms of collection times or they have been delayed despite the fact you've put them on notice of when the MOT expires then that's their problem not yours. Equally if BCA turn up with an agent to collect the car assuming it has a valid MOT then again that is Mini's problem.

You need to make sure you have everything all documented and in writing. I don't think there is any specific need to inform the agent from BCA that the car has not MOT unless you are specifically asked, because you've already notified Mini who in turn should have told BCA.

If BCA are unable to remove the car because of the MOT issue and don't have a trailer for it to be collected then my suggestion would be to call Mini, explain the situation and that because of their failures you will be writing to them (same day) that if they don't make arrangements to collect the car within the next 7 days you will sell it - That should be a reasonable period of time given the previously sufficient notice that they have had but failed to act on. You should also highlight within the letter these failings so that you can refer to it in the event Mini are under the illusion that they were not informed properly.

I would also send by email than post if you are giving 7 days notice and make sure the subject line is something along the lines of "Urgent: Notice of intention to remove and sell Mini vehicle" just so it might grab someone's attention whoever looks at the inbox.
                        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

R0b Thanks for this. BCA arrived and would
                          not drive car away. So have called them Nd emailed with a guide from your template. Much appreciated. Will update in due course but fingers crossed it’ll be collected within the week !

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X