• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT Motonovo - UPDATED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT Motonovo - UPDATED

Hi,
    I'm just about to send VT letter off to Motonovo but I'm unsure of a few details. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I'm sending the letter by next day special delivery, as soon as the letter is received by them (I'll check on the royal mail website for a signature) then I'm going to cancel the direct debit (next payment due in a weeks time) and cancel the insurance - is that ok to do? I get the feeling I should hold off on cancelling the insurance... am I ok to still drive the car after they've received the VT letter?

Thanks for any advice you can give me, I'm just trying to do everything correctly!

Last edited by mollies_mum; 27th May 2018, 07:56:AM.
    Tags: None

If you cancel insurance be sure that the vehicle is not left on public highway.

Comment

Thanks PaulaJayne, I've now cancelled the insurance and the car is on my private driveway so off the road. Should I now SORN it too as I don't want to get in trouble for having an uninsured car?
      I've also sent the VT letter by recorded delivery as well as emailing them and cancelled the direct debit.
      I'll keep updating my progress as not a lot of people seem to do that here which isn't very helpful for everyone else!
      Thanks again

Comment

SORN will not hurt. Easy to do online.

Comment

Thanks, I tried to do it online but it didn't recognise my V5 number, I think this is because on Friday I applied online to have my personalised number plate taken off and the original plate put back on before they collect it. I think I'm going to have to wait to SORN until I receive my new V5 document. In hindsight I probably should have SORN it first!
          I also received an email from Motonovo informing me that they have received my VT request and will be responding soon so hopefully they should be collecting the car soon. I'll update again when something else happens!
          Thanks again

Comment

Hi,

what email address did you use to email Motonovo?

Comment

Hi is there any update on this as I am looking to do the same thing when i have paid up to 50%

I will be following this thread hope you keep it updated.

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X