• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Volkswagen Hire Purchase VT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkswagen Hire Purchase VT

I am looking for some advice on doing a VT on my volkswagen Golf R.

I purchased the car in March 2015 and it seems I may have been poorly advised by the sales rep (no surprise there then).

I have read through my contract and it seems at no point would I be eligible to VT. Surely the contract has to weigh up so that at some point you reach the 50% mark?

To summarise:

I had a 36 month agreement

My total amount of credit was £26,930 (Was £28,930) but i put in 2k.

My monthly payments are £305.79 PCM.

I have read through my contract and it says to exorcise my right to VT I have to pay £16,843.38 which is half of the sum i borrowed plus interest!! Even at month 36 of my contract I would have only cleared £11,008.44. How is it possible that the agreement is this far out? Even if it was a 48 month agreement I still wouldn't reach the VT figure.

I have looked at all my options (I think) with this and I honestly don't know what to do for the best.

I have gone over on my mileage so even if I could somehow afford the car until the end of the term I would be hit with a bill for excess mileage, If I sell the car privately it would only be worth about £18,000 and the finance outstanding would be £21,000 and I don't think I can VT. I did actually ring VW finance and the girls words at the other end were " I have never seen an agreement where the figures don't add up like that you could go to the financial ombudsman if you think you have been miss sold". Although, I don't see what good that would do as they would say I knowingly accepted the agreement?

I feel I was a bit naive and thought the residual figures etc must be right as lease deals were floating around for 2k down and £240 a month which was a lot cheaper than mine.

If somebody could drop me some advice on this it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X