• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart Parking Ltd - Won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Parking Ltd - Won

Good morning

Looking for some advice bout this company. My partner is the owner of my car but I drive it and use it for work..he has his own car.

When I got home from work last night there was a letter from Smart Parking Ltd stating:

Notice to Owner - Do Not Ignore

Dear Mr .....
    The Parking Charge Notice (PCN) issued which was fixed to the vehicle and detailed above remains outstanding. Smart Parking Ltd have the right to seek payment of the parking charge for unauthorized parking of the vehicle on the land on the relevant date as the owner of the land, on the basis of a contractual right to occupy or to have possession of the land, or acting as agent of the landowner. DVLA have confirmed that you are the registered keeper of this vehicle. Payment methods are detailed to the right and overleaf.

If payment in full is not received within the next 28 days the total amount outstanding will be passed to a debt recovery agent for collection. This may result in a summons or writ being raised for recovery of the outstanding Parking Charge Notice and any further costs incurred.

To stop this possibility you should contact us before the 18/09/2015. If you were not the driver of the vehicle and you wish to provide the drivers details, lodge a dispute, appeal or query this must be made online or I writing. Please follow the instructions overleaf. On receipt of a formal appeal the Parking Charge Notice will be placed on hold until an adjudication is made. A response will be sent in writing.

The letter states that the Contravention was: Unauthorised parking in a parent and child bay at 20th July 2015 at 17.41 and that the Location was ASDA STORE HAYDON.

Now, I know that I definitely did not use this store on this or any other date in the last 2 years. It is located at least 7 miles from me, across a very busy town centre (I have a large local ASDA about 2 minutes down the road from where we live so use that one). In addition, I would have been leaving work at about 5.15pm on a Monday and as I work 20 miles away I cannot see how the car could be in 2 places at the same time!

My partner is understandably upset about this as it is in his name and he has just got his credit rating back on good standing.

Can any beagle please give some idea of what to put in writing in this appeal - they have sent no evidence..how can they? You can't put a ticket on a car that was not physically there!

MC
    Tags: None

Re: Smart Parking Ltd

Can you post up the PCN (suitably sanitised) please.

Also go to Asda and seek out the manager and if possible have proof of spending on the day or historically regular spending. If this fails Twitter/ facebook is a very public complaint which they hate.

M1

Comment

Hi M1

Not sure if I've uploaded correctly but have given it a go.

Do you mean go to my local ASDA and complain or the one they say I parked at? Sorry for being dense!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mrcooper View Post
        Hi M1

Not sure if I've uploaded correctly but have given it a go.

Do you mean go to my local ASDA and complain or the one they say I parked at? Sorry for being dense!
        The one where you parked. Obviously only if feasible otherwise social media.

Is that the first notice you got ?

M1

Comment

That's the point - I didn't park there ..I would have been travelling home from work and do not go anywhere near that store.

This is the fist we have heard of it. They could not have given us an initial ticket, the car was not physically in the car park

Comment

Sorry, i'm obviously not fully awake yet.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. My car was not in your carpark. Please check your records.

Yours etc

The credit record won't be affected unless you go to court and lose and then do not pay within 28 days.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1 :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

I would add that this could be a case of a cloned number plate and they should provide you with the relevant photographs so that you can take this matter to the police for investigation.

The notice to keeper seemed to fail the requirements in several respects.

Comment

Quick update, after appealing the PCN using their process we have received a Parking Charge Notice - Cancellation letter. My other half is impressed, he said if it had been up to him he would have paid up and not questioned it.

As a quick aside I did go into my local Asda, (not the one where they claimed that I was parked) and was told by the Security guys "nothing to do with us and anyway it's only one bloke who does all of the local car parks, he probably just forgot to switch the button to the right site!" - really helpful!!!!

Thanks for all of your advice guys and girls, especially M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X