• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN from G24

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN from G24

Hi folks,

My friend got a parking charge notice from G24 for he had parked in ToysRus parking lot in Reading for more than 2 hours.
    Please find attached the notice.

Is it the usual appeals procedure?

Is it enough to appeal in their appeals form with the following content or should there be anything more to be done?

-------
    Dear Sirs,
    I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see any signs. In any event the charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.
    In the event you refuse my appeal please send me a popla code. I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not be doing so.
    Yours
    -------

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Vadi
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: PCN from G24

Kind of. I think i just answered them. They are members of The IPC who couldn't give a monkeys about a motorist. If someone dies their members will want paying out of the estate, or if that's broke any gullible family member.

M!

Comment

So if they are coming IPC then I assume POPLA is not applicable for them. Or am I wrong.
      Please tell me what to do now. What is the appeal content going to be?

Comment

Yes, no popla. There is an appeal service but winners are about as rare as lottery winners.

G24 are not really litigious at present so depending on Beavis it should be ok.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see any signs. In any event the charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

The notice to keeper does not comply with PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9. I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not be doing so.

Yours etc

M1

Comment

Thanks M1.
          I see people in other forums saying it is better to ignore these notice from G24 as they will keep sending some letters and it ll stop after a point of time.
          Now that you say that there is very less chance for us to win this thru appeals, I am wondering which is best. If we write an appeal, then it means that we are engaging with them and cant ignore after that.
          Please tell me what do u personally think is the right course of action?

Comment

6 and 2x3 really.

You can start ignoring at any point.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X