• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

MET parking charge missed POPLA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET parking charge missed POPLA

Hi guys,

Firstly a bit of background:
    I live in a flat owned by my Father which includes an allocated parking space and includes a permit. I have the permit and had it on display but it slipped to the bottom of the dashboard and been partially obscured for a couple of days.

The registered address for my car is my family home.
    I have just received a message from my Mother advising that MET parking have sent a letter dated 24th April telling me I have missed the chance to appeal via POPLA and they are demanding 100.

As it turns out they sent out a initial letter around 20th March which had not been forwarded or opened so I wasn't aware of any issue. Also there was no PCN attached to my windscreen.

What can I do now that I've missed POPLA?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: MET parking charge missed POPLA

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/popla-code-checker/

Check the code. I gather 30/31 days is the actual cutoff.

Aside from that, gather evidence (timestamped photos, lease) then wait and see if they do court.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/MET_P..._Services.html As of now they don't, yet.

M1
    ********************************Signature********* ************************

Private messages are off as all help on this site is on board.

Please note i am now pretty much without access/time to help 5 days a week. Others will hopefully help you.

I can only help with what you tell me. Post up information (other than names and addresses!).

I NEVER enter any appeals or court documentation on your behalf. This is your responsibility.

Upload images to your thread like this .Email kati@legalbeagles.info if you can't upload images/documents. She doesn't own a crystal ball as far as i'm aware so link to your thread or tell her how to find it !

If you want to tell someone YOU were driving, go to confession.

I,I,I,I,I,I should be avoided unless you are Jim Diamond.

Comment

So you now get out the lease of your father's flat and see what it says about parking. Basically there is a space possibly belonging to the flat. No requirement in the lease to display a permit. MET can't unilaterally change the content of the lease. You may want to read what the parking prankster says about residential parking.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt replies guys.

I don't even have a POPLA code yet as I've only just found out about the charge. I haven't even managed logged an appeal with the operator yet!

Having previously looked through the lease there is no mention of requirement for a permit for the space which is included with the flat.

Presumably I should still appeal on their website??

Thanks

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

make a complaint

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X