• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier Parking Solutions - Contractual Charge or Damages or Loss?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Parking Solutions - Contractual Charge or Damages or Loss?

Hi all,

I’m currently helping a friend to fight a parking ticket issued by Premier Parking Solutions for returning to her vehicle 15 mins late. I have had 3 tickets overturned in the past few years (Largely thanks to @mystery1 ), but have a few questions / concerns about this one.

We wrote to Premier Parking Solutions to dispute the ticket and asked them to provide a genuine pre-estimate of loss, they responded with a very generic “we can’t cancel a ticket due to mitigating circumstances, our decision is final” and didn’t address the GPEoL request at all as expected.

We’re now about to log the appeal with PoPLA but I wanted to check a few things first. I’ve read that our case should be tailored to weather the ticket has been issued as a contractual charge or as damages or loss – Any ideas on what this will be from Premier Parking Solutions (would it be listed on the ticket itself?)

Also, I’ve read on the Parking Cowboys website that the Genuine Pre-Estimate of Loss argument may no longer be valid following a recent case.

* 24/4/15 – Following the ParkingEye Vs Beavis case, this appeal point may no longer work. This article will be updated in due course”

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Premier Parking Solutions - Contractual Charge or Damages or Loss?

Wait until later today when the results of Beavis will be handed down from the Supreme Court. This may be either the can't charge or they are allowed to charge.

Comment

It's not looking good so far :-/

Comment

I'm not long in having been out all day so haven't read the judgement which appears to be a complete scandal.

To win at Popla it's going to have to be keeper liability, them not having/producing a contract or bad signage. Aside from signage my popla appeals have the 1st 2 covered.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X